Wednesday, April 9, 2008

The complexity of some cards--Whew!!

Well I finished up a Mother's Day Card that I submitted into the Caardvarks Flight of Fancy Challenge. I normally am a simple card maker. This card took me close to 3 hours to do. I had to cut a bunch of flowers and bugs. My hand is cramping up just thinking about it. But it turned out well and I am planning on giving it to my Mother-in-law for Mother's Day. She loves the nature stuff so I thought she would like this card.



Has anyone heard of Card Candy?? There is a challenge over on Embellish-It that is about Card Candy. They are little homemade embellishments that you package up (just like a package you would buy at the store-only cuter) and give them away as gifts. I've seen some SU demos do this before when they do a workshop. It's their little freebie they give out to everyone. Of course they are using the SU products when making them. But what a cool idea. Anyway, Michelle, who is doing this challenge, extended the deadline for it. I'm swamped, but maybe I'll get a chance to make some for fun.

Anyway, if you've seen any links for Card Candy please post them here so I can take a look and see more examples of what people do.

2 comments:

Michelle Lanning said...

wow look at all that - wonderful!

Krista B. said...

Gorgeous - Wow lots of work in that card, it is amazing. Your Mom is going to love it. Thanks for stopping by my blog : )