Thursday, April 17, 2008

A wintery day in April--I want Spring to stay

So it was 80 degrees here on Tuesday. I did some yard work. The kids played outside. It was a wonderful spring day. Today, 2 days later, it was spitting snow this morning. I want Spring to stay for awhile. This weekend it will be back up in the 70's so I can't wait.

This Saturday I am going to a baby shower for a friend of mine. I made her a card and wanted to share it here. I used a card map from Page Maps for the design. They are celebrating there 2nd anniversary by having contest. So check it out, it looks like lots of fun! But back to the card. I found these really cute stamps by Stampendous. The one I used on this card is call "Sweet Dress". I outlined the sweater on it (after I colored it in) with a glue pen. Then I sprinkled some pink flocking on it. It gives it a soft and fuzzy look, like something a little baby would wear. I used liquid applique for the buttons. I didn't heat the liquid applique though, because I didn't want puffy buttons.


No comments: