Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Does July seem to be flying by?

I guess not it's only the 9th. I don't know why it seems later in the month. I guess it's because I am getting ready for Caden's 3rd birthday party coming up soon. Yesterday I just ordered every dinosaur shaped balloon I could find. I need to start thinking about her cake too. And yes, it will be in the shape of a dinosaur or at least have dinosaurs on it somewhere. I did get her birthday card made. She saw it the other day and wanted it right then and there. She has been dying to get one of mommy's cards for a while now. I told here she would have to wait until her birthday. She's so excited to get. She may be a scrapper/card-maker extraordinaire some day.


I did find some time to do the Caardvarks challenge this past weekend. The theme is "On the Farm". So I pulled out my Ed Emberley Picture Pie book and found the cutest little pigs paper piecings in it.
Since I have a lot of little kids birthday coming up I thought it would make a great birthday card.


I have a couple more cards I made this past week. These two were done for some challenges on Split Coast Stampers. The Kraft, Black, and Sky Blue card is giving me some ideas for Christmas. It was done with the Home Accents Cricut cartridge.

Aren't those the cutest flower clips? They were a RAK from Michelle, my friend over at Embellish-It. You should check her blog and see the amazing cards that she makes.

7 comments:

tiggertastic said...

Fantastic cards, love the pig one

Sarah x

SmilynStef said...

I love your paper-pieced pigs ... and all of the other cards ... thanks for joining the fun at Caardvarks.

Staci said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog, Kristen :-) Adorable cards and that is so cute that your daughter is anxiously awaiting her own! I think you will have a partner in crime one day! ;-)

paylin said...

oeThanks so much for dropping by my blog and for your comments on my blog. You have a lovely blog here too....

Enjoy your weekend
Takecare n regards.
x

Stampin' Meg said...

I love how you made the piggies for the challenge!

Sharon Caudle said...

Great cards Kristen! I really love the dino one and the paper pieced pigs! Thanks for stopping by my blog and for your sweet comments!

Christel said...

I love the "Piggie" card!! Thanks for your message. Your blog looks great!!!
Christel x