Sunday, August 3, 2008

A nice mellow weekend

This was a relaxing weekend. I woke up early this morning a read through some magazines and catalogs I had piled up. I drank a cup of coffee and it was nice and quiet. My hubby had an early morning golf tournament and the kids slept in (which is very rare for them to do). I did have time to work on some layouts this weekend and this morning I worked on a card for the latest Caardvarks challenge which is due tonight. Nothing like waiting at the last minute to do something. I did the Kazan sketch for this challenge. I really need to go check out Kazan's and Laura's sketch blog called 2 Sketches 4 You. When the kids are back in preschool the end of this month I will hopefully have more time to do all the fun challenges out there.



I also had a friend of mine that just moved and just had a baby girl email me some pictures of some decoupaged wooden letters I made for her spelling her daughter's name. I attached long ribbons on the back of them so she could hang them on the wall. They turned out really cute and they really go well with the theme of her nursery, which is ladybugs if you can't tell by the letters.

3 comments:

lauren said...

oh what a FUN FUN CARD!!! and yeah...it has TOTALLY made *me* smile!!! :)

SmilynStef said...

Love the fun stiching on your circle ... great card.

Jenny said...

2 lovely pieces of work - love that card, and the name letters are a really nice idea too.