Monday, September 1, 2008

Monday, Monday

So this weekend was fairly relaxing. It rained most of the day yesterday but I did manage to pull some weeds in the front yard before it started pouring.

I did work on a few cards and some layouts this weekend. The card I worked on was for the latest Caardvarks challenge "Music". I just paper pieced the guitar and added some wire and Stickles to it to give it a rocker look. Then I smeared black diamond Stickles all over the spiderweb background. I did take the pictures with the flash on, which I don't normally do. I just like the way it made the glitter sparkle. The spiderweb is the latest from the Cuttlebug A-2 embossing folders.


These are some of the layouts I made this weekend. The first is from your recent trip the White Sands. The kids were running around the sand dunes having a wonderful time. I just loved this picture and made it black and white. The sand seems so endless in it (It really is endless, White Sands is a huge place).


The other layout is one of my son in the snow last winter (actually Valentine's Day). I found these wooden letter puzzle pieces when I was cleaning the other day. I almost threw them away but decided they may come in handy. The "s", "o", and "w" were blue but the "n" was yellow. The yellow didn't really fit in the layout so I covered it with some paper and it was good to go. I also sanded the other letters for a neat "snowy" effect. Then I journaled on a big snowflake. I really don't like my handwriting. Oh well!

2 comments:

SmilynStef said...

What a rockin' musical creation ... love the stickles on the spider-web idea (may just have to borrow that one) and the guitar is super.

~Christina~ said...

I love the snow layout. I really like that you didn't stick with just traditional colors.