Sunday, October 12, 2008

A brisk cool Sunday

Fall is definitely in air here today. Today was the last day of the Balloon Fiesta. This year we only had one out of four of the weekend mass ascensions. We also had a major accident with one of the special shaped balloons this year. It got caught up in the wind and was pushed into some power lines. That caused the lines to the propane tank to be severed and it burst the gondola into flames. It was horrific sight. The co-pilot was killed and the pilot was critically injured. My prayers go out to their families.

Garrett's birthday party was a fun time. The weather held out and they did get to play outside for a while and the birthday cake was absolutely delicious. But my little man had a great time.

So this weeks sketch at Page Plans was very challenging for me this week. I haven't made a circle collage with pictures on a layout before. But I made a little template on my computer and away I went with it. Also for this weeks sketch we had to a fall theme. Since fall hasn't really occurred here yet, I found some pictures from last fall of the kids enjoying a nice fall day outside on there club house swing set. So hop on over to Page Plans and try out the sketch this week, for a card or a layout, or both.


So today we have another birthday party to attend. It should be lots of fun too.

Have a great rest of the week!

4 comments:

Lorie said...

This looks great! Love what you did with the layout!

M@risk@ said...

Yes, a real challenge it was on the circle collage. You did a nice job a also on your layout last week. Hope you have a real nice time at Page Plans. Wish you a nice week.

Mara... said...

GREAT job on that layout!! I love the circle collage, I will have to try that!!

BethieJ said...

Kristin! THANKS for stopping by my blog! Your so sweet! I miss seeing you too, BUT I have your blog booked marked and I am going to check out the site links you shared, I didnt even KNOW there was a BG challenge blog.. I LOVE BG! LOL!! :)
That was a sad story you shared, I will keep the families in my prayers..
CONGRATS on the 2 DTS ~ your work is BEAUTIFUL ~ I am not surprised you made them both!
Hope all is well with you and your family!
Have a GREAT day!