Sunday, October 26, 2008

New reveals

So weekends are the days when my DT layouts appear and I can post them on my blog. So first on Page Plans. This weeks sketch was this lovely creation by Lesli:





Here is my take on the challenge. The lovely little lady is my daughter Caden Lily. This was one of her 2-year-old pictures. Such a cutie but boy, is she a little onery spitfire. Oh, and sassy too. I guess she gets it from me. I say she gets it from my grandpa (her great-grandpa) Woody.
That stitiching took me forever, WHEW!

And if you looked at my tutorial I did a few posts back on Medallion flowers, you will see them right here on this layout.

My other DT layout was for Basic Grey Challenges. Saturday there is 7 hours later than here so I am always surprised to see it up already on Friday evening. This weeks challenge was to "get shapely by using squares, circles, rhomboids, triangles, etc on your creations :), and of course to use at least one item from BasicGrey somewhere on your creations." Here is my shapely layout that I came up with. I used the Archaic papers, letters, chip stickers,rub ons, and buttons. What else could I use on this layout! The various orange and dark green circles were made with a Cuttlebug die.
Thanks for looking!
I hope everyone has a great weekend!
Kristen

8 comments:

Pat said...

Very Pretty LO of your darling daughter. Thanks for sharing how to make those cute flowers.

Lorie said...

Those are both just beautiful layouts! I wish I had your talent for scrapbooking! :o)

mica said...

Love both layouts. Those flowers look awesome. Look forward to seeing more on Page Plans :)

Benga said...

Lovely LO! the flower medallions are so pretty, I'll definitely try it one of these days, thanks for the tutorial and inspiration :)

mar1ene said...

Gorgeous LO's Kristen and will check out your tut for the medallion flowers.. they look stunning!

Marlene x

Margie said...

WOW! Love all of your challenges!
How do you keep up? :)
Thanx for stopping by and commenting ;)
xoxo, margie

Sharon said...

These are fabulous. Your stitching is brilliant - well worth the time taken and I do love your medallion flowers.
Sharon

Dawn said...

Wow great layouts and such fab details and your lovely daughter is adorable!