Tuesday, October 21, 2008

An Overwhelming Feeling

I have way too many challenge blogs bookmarked. So much so, that I have suddenly become overwhelmed with all of them. I can't possibly do all of them but I really, really want to. I know I can't because there are not enough hours in the day to do them all. And so, I found yet another challenge blog and bookmarked it. It is the Mothers & Daughter Creations blog. I found them at SCS and checked them out. This weeks challenge was an inspiration piece. A very beautiful black coffee mug with reddish and turquoise blue swirls and birdies. I thought I'd give it a try. I also thought I would use the sketch for the Friday's Free for All Challenge #10-Crisp and Clean Sketch on Embellish-It. A very gorgeous sketch done by Julie. I used Scarlet's Letter paper collection from Basic Grey and I am thinking of adding into this weeks Basic Grey Challenges. I added some Pacific Point SU cardstock to bring out the blue color in the mug. Instead of birdies I added and dragonfly (he's flocked) and a beetle. I also sprayed Moon's Glow "Desert Moon Endless Sky" Glitz Spritz all over the black paper to pull out the blue color from the mug too. I also used Glitz Spritz the wings on the dragonfly. This is what I came up with.

Thanks for looking!
Kristen

2 comments:

Enfys said...

This layout is gorgeous, I love that flocked dragonfly.

Giovana said...

Beautiful!!! Your son is a cute guy.
Thanks for playing the challenge.
God bless
Giovana