Wednesday, October 8, 2008

So here is my first layout for Page Plans as a member of the the design team. Of course it is a few days late but it's done and here it is. I am so excited to be on the team! I've finished next week's layout already. So be watching for that this coming Sunday on here and at Page Plans.




Some other exciting new I have is that I made it on another layout design team. I am on the layout design team for Basic Grey Challenges blog. Every Saturday a challenge will be posted and you can try it out and send a picture of your creations (using something by Basic Grey) via the the "Comments" link at the end of the post. Sometimes there are prizes and sometimes not. I think its fun to just challenge yourself and see what you can come up with. So check them out and see all the wonderful creations the design team comes up with week to week. I won't officially start until next week.

This week is busy, busy, BUSY!! Garrett's birthday is today. He is my 5 year-old boy now. Where has the time gone. He was my tiny little baby boy just yesterday it seems.
So he is having some cupcakes at school today and I will be joining his class for the celebration.

The Albuquerque International Balloon Fiesta started this past Saturday. See what I get to look out at out my window each morning (of course they are a little further way than in these pictures).

The photos were taken last Saturday by Ray Watt and can be seen on the official website (plus many more). You can actually go on the field where they launch and stand right next to the balloons as they inflate and eventually go up. It's especially nice to stand next to them at 6:30 in the morning because it's pretty cold in the mornings and the gas flame to inflate the balloon is nice and toasty warm. There is lots to do when the Fiesta is in town. Garrett loves the fact that his birthday always falls during the Balloon Fiesta some time and that the fireworks they have some evenings are just for him.

Then tomorrow my mom, sister, and my niece Brantley are flying in from Iowa to see the balloons and to help Garrett celebrate his birthday on Saturday with all his friends. I'm hoping the weather will cooperate but he will have fun no matter what. This year he wanted a Ben 10 birthday cake and party. He is so obsessed with that show.

Well I hope everyone has a great rest of the week!

8 comments:

Boots the Monkey (Jo) said...

Fabulous blog ! Looking forward to working with you on the BG team ! Take care,

Jo x

Lorie said...

What a great page! I wish I could scrapbook!

Mara... said...

Congrats kristen on your new design teams!! I'm going to check out page plans now!! :-)

Christine (Craftling) said...

Hello, Teamie!! Thought I'd drop by and say hello..

Loving your blog.. Some really pretty things here!

Chris (BG Challenges DT)
xx

Cuchy said...

Congrats on your new DT's. You have such beautiful work on your blog. M.Carmen

Rach said...

fabulous pages and congrats on being on the bg dt.xx

Lesli said...

Wonderful LO's - I love the baloons - I used to love the night glow when I lived in Walla Walla!

Gez said...

Just wanted to say a BIG Thank You for leaving me a comment on my blog. re; last weeks BG challenge! I am fairly new to card making & blogging!! and it is always lovely to read new comments. x
Good Luck being on the design teams. I hope you have fun. The balloons look fantastic! Best wishes :)