Sunday, November 9, 2008

Another beautiful day

Today will be cool but sunny and that is alright with me. Cold and sunny-Good! Cold and dreary, makes me want to stay in my pajamas all day. Which may sound good for some of you but I can't wear PJ's all day long. Stifles my creativity. I have been working on Christmas cards this weekend. I am in assembly line mode with them still. Hopefully I will finish up with the first batch tomorrow. As for my next layouts, I have them all finished in my head. Which is good because it won't take long to assemble them.

This week at Basic Grey Challenges is "to get all sparkly with your creations and show some glitter on your work." I am an avid Stickles user. I think I put Stickles somewhere on all my layouts usually. So this was a super fun challenge for me. I used some pictures from my son's 5th birthday party and used papers, rub ons, and fibers from the Cupcake line. I also had fun using my Cricut for making all the balloons. I still have lots of pictures from the party to scrap so that should keep me occupied until the end of the year.





My next layout is for Page Plans. The lovely sketch we used this week was by Chris.

I sort made a fall themed layout with this sketch. The picture was taken last month when my niece Brantley, my sister Kim, and my my mom came to visit for a few days. The kids were playing on the swing set and I just started taking pictures of them. I told them all to give hugs and they did just that for me. So sweet! This was the 3rd or 4th time they have gotten to see each other. We live over a 1000 miles apart so we try and fly to Iowa at least once a year to visit.

On this layout I had some fun with multicolored gold leafing on the the chipboard letters. I painted them first and the just tapped on some of the leafing here and there. I used my Cricut to make the big circle shape. It is such a cute picture of them!


Here is one of many Christmas cards I have been working on this weekend. I am hoping to finish up with this batch today. I used the card sketch from Mothers & Daughters Creations Sketch MDCC18 for this week. I just flipped the sketch to "its side" so to speak to make it work for my card. The "Merry and Bright" is a rub on by Stampin' Up and I put it on a piece of Tim Holtz's fragments that I dropped some Cranberry Adirondack alcohol ink onto and let dry. This is such a fun challenge blog and I hope to do many more of the sketch challenges from them.



Hope everyone has a great week!
Kristen

4 comments:

Lorie said...

Oh, wow! I love all your stuff!

M@risk@ said...

Again such a beautiful layout and nice X-mas card too. TFS

Mothers and Daughters Creations said...

Very creative entry for our challenge - I love it!!! Thanks so much for playing along!

Dawn said...

Hi Kristen
Your layouts are brilliant - love all the embellishments and super colours.
Thanks for stopping by my blog - I really appreciate it!

Dawn