Friday, November 28, 2008

Basic Grey Challenge reveal

I had to really think about this challenge at Basic Grey Challenges.

"For this weeks challenge we would like to see an Aperture in your creation, It can be any shape, size or quantity that you like ( for those of you not familiar with an aperture, An aperture is a hole or opening that acts as a window on your creation), And of course not forgetting to use at least one item from BasicGrey somewhere on your creation."

First, I wasn't sure what an aperture was. Then Martine very kindly let me know what one was. She thought about doing something different for a layout challenge but I thought, "no, I can come up with something." So I decided to not just do a single page but a mini album. The album is by Tinkering Ink. It is called a Peek-a-boo album and features all kinds of "apertures". It was a lot of fun to make but I have to say you really need to think about where you are going to place the pictures as well as all the little embellishments and rub-ons and such. The album also has acrylic pages inside of it so that added to the challenge of placing everything in the right place. So I took lots of pictures of it so you cold see all the cutouts and the acrylic layers too.





So that's it. It was a lot of fun to make. I am planning on one for my son. I just need to figure out a theme.

Kristen

5 comments:

Lorie said...

Wow! This is beautiful! Excellent job!

Lorie said...

Congrats girl...you got a shout out on Card of the Week.com!

http://www.cardoftheweek.com/2008/11/scrapbook-sat-4.html

Pascale said...

This is amazing Kirsten. I love your layout in this book. Pascale :)

Barbara Hagerty said...

WOW! All those pages! They look fantastic! I love the album, and your placement and embellishments are wonderful!!

Margie said...

Stunning! I'm in love with your lil' mini-album :)
I just recieved the same BG paper and I have about 3 mini-BG albums screaming to be used ;)
TFS! and thnx for stopping in and leaving a sweet comment!
xoxo, margie