Sunday, November 16, 2008

Busy Busy time of year

So I was checking to see how many Christmas cards I needed to make exactly. I need to make 78. Ahhhhhh!!!! That is me screaming my overwhelming scream. O.K., I'm not too overwhelmed. I have 40 made already and I have around 20 disassembled cards just waiting to be made. I am also making up some birthday cards too for a friend (and for me too) that needs some. So I have lots to show today.

First is my layout for Page Plans this week. The sketch was done by Lesli and we were to to a Thanksgiving theme. I don't really take a lot pictures at Thanksgiving time. I just am busy and forget I guess. So I thought I would do a layout on what I am thankful for--my family.


The papers came from a Me a & My Big Ideas Cornucopia Paper Pack. Such fun papers! And lots of felt leaves, gold, silver, and copper skeleton leaves I have had for a long time now, and glittery leaves. A fun fall layout!

My next layout is for Basic Grey Challenges called For the Boys.

This is from Martine. "This weeks challenge is to create something for the boys, i can hear the shrieks all the way over here in Northern Ireland lol, i know exactly how you feel, men's cards are just too darn tricky but this is a challenge blog after all and that's exactly what we are doing, Challenging you, so good luck and remember that your creations must contain at least one item from BasicGrey."

There are some very lovely prizes this week for this challenge so check them out!
I mixed paper lines and elements for this one-Blush and Archaic. Also there is a pocket where the giant paper clip is attached. I was going to slip some comic pages into it and have them stick out on the top. But silly me went "recycling crazy" and got rid of all the newspapers. I'll try and add a picture later today of the comics version when my hubby goes out into the cool crisp air and brings in the Sunday paper.

Now for my birthday cards. They have a boy theme to them as well. Two are even made with the new Granola Basic Grey line and would fit the card part of the challenge this week at Basic Grey Challenges.




Monkeys and transportation! Those just ooze "boyness". I have some more to make and then I will start on the girl cards, and work on the Christmas cards, and make some more layouts, oh and I forgot teacher gifts....nope, not feeling too overwhelmed yet.

Later this week I'll post a fun holiday house I made. It took some time to make but it will be a great addition to my Christmas decorations this year.

Have a great week!
Kristen

3 comments:

Lorie said...

How all your creations are fantastic! Great job!

Sherry Wright said...

Adorable birthday cards and great layouts! Good luck with all the Christmas cards, you can do it! ;)

Pat said...

Darling boy cards!