Thursday, November 20, 2008

I'm dreaming of Christmas cards...

...and I'm not sure if that's a good thing. Especially when they wake me in middle of the night. I think of the layout mostly and I have to think about something else. I try and think about other things, like what I need to do this weekend, or errands I need to run, or my favorite -- Orlando Bloom, he is such a cutie and very nice to think about at 3AM . I think I need go watch Pirates of the Caribbean now. Anyway, before I do I have more cards to share. This week at 2 sketches 4 You are two great sketches to play around with and make some wonderful cards.

The first two cards I made is based on Laura's sketch #13. I really like this sketch because it is very easy to make wonderful cards. Simple and elegant is always good! I will be making a lot more Christmas cards based on this sketch. (Actually I have, I just didn't post them all here.)



I don't think I can grow weary of that Santa stamp. I just love it!


The next sketch is from Kristen (isn't that a great name). It was a fun sketch too!


Again I did the foil leafing behind the Merry Christmas epoxy sticker and attached it with some glue dots. It really makes it stand out more and has a very elegant look to it.


Page Maps is having a November card contest. Check them out and make a card. I made a few. Now I just need to pick one out to submit for the contest. I am working on the latest CPS sketch too. It is another one that will just be great for a Christmas card. So I will try and post it by the weekend.

Hope everyone has a great rest of the week!
Kristen

9 comments:

Laura Davis said...

These are all just beautiful! I often make cards in my head while trying to fall asleep! Sometimes I have to quickly get up and sketch it out so I don't forget! It's the best time to be creative for me:)
Laura

Hanneke said...

Great cards!

Softangelkisses said...

How cute! I love the Santa faces!

Heidi Van Laar said...

I know what you mean, that is a pretty fabulous Santa. All of your cards are soo beautiful! Great job with both sketches!

rae said...

Awesome cards, great take on both sketches! LOVE that Santa image too!

Kristen Swain said...

wow I LOVE your name! heh heh
beautiful stunning cards- that santa stamp rocks- and i love the poinsettia card - the foiling is gorgeous- thanks for playing along with my sketch this week!
kris

DizzieNoodle said...

Oooo... I really like the poinsettia!

Sherry Wright said...

Gorgeous job with both sketches, love that Santa stamp. ;)

Boots the Monkey (Jo) said...

These are gorgeous, that Santa stamp is stunning isn't he ?

Hugs,

Jo x