Tuesday, November 25, 2008

a quick post

Just a quick post while I have a moment to post my Basic Grey Challenges layout and my Page Plans layouts for this week.

My Page Plan layout as based on a lovely sketch by Chris. I wasn't to sure where to start on this layout. Once I finally settled in on the papers I was going to use it just fell into place.

The pictures were taken at White Sands National Monument just outside Alamagordo, New Mexico. The kids can't wait to go back there again. White Sands is infamous as the place where the first atomic bomb was detonated.

***********

This week at Basic Grey Challenges, "we would like to see some embossing on your creations, it can be heat embossing, dry embossing or even a combo of both :) its entirely up to you :), and of course not forgetting to use at least 1 item from BasicGrey on your creation."

So with that said I used my A-2 embossing folders and added texture to some of the paper pieces in my layout. It is a little hard to see in the pictures, but it's there.

The picture was taken outside the Rocky Mountain Dinosaur Resource Center in Woodland Park, Colorado. Lots of cool fossils to look at there. We will be going back again when we drive up to visit Grandma and Grandpa.

Basic Grey Challenges is looking for two new design team members. If you are interested then please check them out.

Well have a great rest of the week! For those of you in the States, have a great Thanksgiving feast with your family and friends.
Kristen

3 comments:

Boots the Monkey (Jo) said...

Your layouts are fabulous. You certainly do us proud !

Hugs,

Jo x

Lesli said...

Fabulous LO's!

Chris said...

Love your layouts!! I hope that you and your family have a wonderful Thanksgiving holiday.