Thursday, November 13, 2008

The weekend is almost here

I feel like I haven't done much this week. I've had a weird stomach thing going on. Today I am much better. If I didn't know any better I would say I was having morning sickness. Wouldn't that be something. I have been working on Christmas cards this week. I just got a beautiful new stamp by Rubber Stampede. It has a close up of Santa and there are snowflakes in his beard. It is so pretty and I have had a lot of fun using it this week. So I went around and checked some card challenges this week and found a few that would work well for me and my Santa stamp. The first 2 cards I made were for Card Positioning Systems Sketch #90. Just a gorgeous sketch and I love the Christmas cards I made with it! I also thought the second card with the brown card base would work for the latest Caardvarks challenge-Chocolate. I didn't exactly do a chocolate (food) theme since I am trying to get 70+ Christmas cards done. I used SU Chocolate Chip cardstock for both card bases. I just need to figure out how to upload to their new way of submitting photos.


CPS #90


CPS #90 and Caardvarks Chocolate Challenge

The next card I made was for the 2 sketches 4 You challenge-Kazan Sketch 13 and also for the Caardvarks challenge as well. Here is the sketch by Kazan this week.


And here is my card.
2 Sketches #13 and Caardvarks Chocolate Challenge

It's been lots of fun making these cards with a lot of non-traditional colors. Browns and Grays really make great Christmas cards. Well that is it for now. Keep an eye for my Basic Grey Challenges and Page Plan layouts this weekend.

Have a great Friday and a great weekend!
Kristen

13 comments:

Lorie said...

Love your cards...the 1st one is so comfy and flannel looking...the second so traditional and the 3rd is just fun! Great job!

rae said...

Fabulous take on the 2s4y sketch this week ;)

Dawn said...

Wow gorgeous cards - love that Santa Stamp and the papers you have used match together so well.

Dawn

Sharon said...

These are some gorgeous cards. I adore using that Santa stamp too - it's one of my favourite stamps.
Sharon

Kazan Clark said...

wow Kristen I love your interpretation of the sketch - this is certainly a fabulous card :)

Rach said...

wow fantastic cards, hugs rachxx

Heidi Van Laar said...

I saw these over in the Caardvarks gallery and I have to say they just blew me away! Stunning work and a really great take on Kazan's sketch too!

Lea L. said...

Those Santa stamps are very cool! Great job on both sketches this week!

~Lea

Eveline said...

Lovely cards.
Eveline.

Katie said...

These are both gorgeous!

Katie

Hanneke said...

Great take on the sketch!

Charity Hassel said...

likin' the wintery take on the cps sketch!

Becca said...

Kristen, thanks for visiting my blog! I LOVE your take on the sketch!