Sunday, December 14, 2008

Cleaning up and waiting in long lines

So I am trying to clean up the dining room area that I have spilled over into. It is a disaster! Even worse than the picture I posted a week or so ago. I have stuff lying on the floor and on every chair. The cat has been having a field day in there chewing on pieces of plastic and string she is finding (which may cause an emergency trip to the vet if I'm not careful). Then the waiting in lines this time of year. The post office is the worst. There was a line of 20 people ahead of me on Wednesday morning at the post office and one person working. One person! Come on, this time of year! Then I read in the morning newspaper about the "gross mismanagement" of the post office in here in Albuquerque. They were even suggesting that we use Fed Ex or UPS if we wanted our packages to arrive on time for Christmas. Maybe try managing and stop acting like my time is not important and I deserve to stand in line for over half an hour to post some letters and mail a package. OK, I'm done venting. But the dining room needs to become a dining room again by Christmas so we can have Christmas dinner in there.

So on with my Basic Grey Challenges reveal and Page Plan reveals for this week.

This week for Basic Grey Challenges "we would like to see you use some recycling on your creations, eg, cardboard, parts cut from another card, material from old clothes, postage stamps, it can be anything you like, the list is endless, also its not essential that the recycled item has to be old and used, you could simply use the inside of a business envelope for example as i know they can have some lovely patterns that can be used as backing papers etc, so have fun and of course not forgetting to use at least one item from basicgrey somewhere on your creation."

I used a piece of corrugated cardboard that came in a package almost a couple of months ago. I held onto it because I saw that this challenge was going to happen and thought it may come in handy. I used the Ambrosia line along with some letter stickers from the Granola line (I ran out of the letter "s" so I improvised).


For Page Plans we had another great sketch by Lesli this week and a holiday theme to go a long with it. The theme was to scrap a tradition we do at Christmas.


We always go to the Delancey Street tree lot and pick out a tree to put up at home. We decorate that day and listen to Christmas music and have some hot chocolate to drink. So this year I made sure I grabbed the camera and took a ton of pictures. This was my favorite! I changed it to a sepia color and had these awesome Christmas papers from Tinkering Ink to make a great layout.


Well I hope everyone has a great week! So much to do this week. It is the last week of school so errands I need to do without the kids have to be done this week.

3 comments:

Chris said...

Hi Kristen, it sounds as though your postal service is as bad as ours! I took one look at the very long line in our post office the other day and walked the other way LOL! I love both of your layouts, the corrugated card you saved is perfect with the image and the trimming and paper are gorgeous. Such a wonderful photograph of your family tree buying tradition and I love the layout and sepia colour scheme. Have fun with clearing the dining room LOL, I did mine yesterday ha ha, I'm ahead of you and have a great Sunday. Chris x

Lorie said...

Both of your pages are wonderful! I love how you changed the bottom picture to sepia. Very pretty! :o)

Cookie Aguilar said...

hI kristen!!!

wow so happy to visit you blog!! love your work here!!! gorgeous take on the sketches!!! And your cards are so awesome!
see you around!!!!