Sunday, December 21, 2008

Happy Sunday

Only 4 more days until Christmas! My kids are just so excited about this year and have really gotten into the whole Christmas spirit! They made Christmas chains a few weeks ago to count down the days until Christmas. The weather here has been cold but no snow. We have chances of snow on Monday through Thursday this week. Although I doubt we have a white Christmas. That is a rare thing here. Today we have a birthday party and tonight we are going to see the River of Lights down at the Bio-Park. My daughter is especially excited to see the new moving T-Rex this year.

So this week at Page Plans we had a very awesome sketch to work with this week and I hopefully worked out all the quirks of why my emails with my layouts (of course) were not getting to the Page Plan gals, Chris and Lesli. How mortified I was that they were not getting them. Even though I wasn't getting any kind of message saying otherwise. I had so much fun with this sketch. The theme was a tradition we do for the Christmas holidays. We decorate the tree and buy special ornaments to hang on the tree each year. This year I let the kids pick their own ornament. Garrett picked a Buzz Lightyear ornament and Caden picked out Rocket form the Little Einstein's. Then I picked out one for the tree too. The kids ahd so much fun decrorating the tree this year and I took some great photos. I used an antique option on iPhoto to alter the colors a bit on the pictures. I used more of that fun paper from Tinkering Ink.

So here is the sketch by Chris.

This is what I came up with.


Well I hope everyone has a great week!! Have a wonderful Christmas, Hannukah, and Kawanza!
Kristen

5 comments:

Lorie said...

What a great page! I'm so glad to hear it was all worked out as this time I didn't get the e-mail letting me know all was okay...LOL!

Have a Merry Christmas!

Chris said...

Great page, i love it. I am so glad that we have gotten things worked out with the email thing. Thanks so much for sharing your Talents with us at Page Plans!!!

Have a Merry Christmas!!

Boots the Monkey (Jo) said...

Oh this is gorgeous. I bet it is stunning in real life.

Wishing you and your family a very happy Christmas and best wishes for the New Year. It has been a pleasure meeting and working with you Kristen and I hope we can be buddies for many more crafty years.

With hugs,

Jo xxxxxxx

M@risk@ said...

Beautiful take on the sketch at Page Plans. Wish you and your family warm X-mas days and a joyful and healthy 2009.

Lesli said...

I'm so glad we were able to get things figured out - I'm still not sure what was happening!

Love your LO - I hope your Holiday was absolutely wonderful!