Sunday, December 28, 2008

Hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas

We had a wonderful Christmas! The kids were so fun this year and they got lots of great stuff from Santa this year and from the grandparents and Aunt "Mimmy" too. All the new toys kept them entertained for a few days while we had some brief winter weather and very cold temperatures. This weekend we finally got out of the house and went to the Natural History Museum and then today to the pet store to get some goldfish. The kids have been asking for 6 months if they could have a fish for their room. So today they each got a goldfish. Caden named her's Rexy (after her T-Rex of course) and Garrett named his Ben (after Ben 10, his favorite cartoon). They seem rather lonely so hopefully they will stay healthy (and live or more than a week) and then we can get some more (I have had bad luck with goldfish or any kind of fish in the past). But I have confidence in my "fish-raising"abilities-LOL!

This weeks Page Plans sketch (by Chris this week) was lots of fun. The pictures were from a little snow storm we had over a week ago. I faded the large photo so that it seemed almost transparent. Then I added the two smaller pictures to the side. It came out with a unique look I think.

So here is the sketch.



Here is my layout.


Page Plans is having a New Years' contest some up soon. Be sure to check them out. Next week all the details of the contest will be revealed. It should be lots of fun!

**********

I wanted to share a wreath I made this year that was inspired by a visit to Starbucks. I had noticed these wreaths and garland hanging around the Starbucks I go to once in a while. They were basically yarn balls of different sizes and colors and small colored glass ornaments attached to it. I kept looking at it thinking I could make something like that, so I headed to Hobby Lobby. I knew I didn't actually want to make yarn balls because it would waste a lot of yarn and I didn't have a lot of time. So I bought some Styrofoam balls of various sizes along with different red and green yarns. Then I wrapped the yarn around the Styrofoam balls. Then I added some ivory/gold-ish looking glass ball ornaments and one very ornate green glass ornament and was done. I attached the yarns balls and ornaments (with my hot glue gun) to a foam wreath that I wrapped it some pretty Christmas ribbon. It turned out pretty cool and I impressed myself even. It didn't take long to make at all and it was a nice addition to my front door.




Well I hope everyone has a wonderful New Years eve and day this week! We actually get to go out for a little bit. I promised the babysitter we would be back by 10:00. So I am looking forward to celebrating with my friends this year.

Kristen

3 comments:

Lorie said...

I love our page...excellent job! And, that wreath...wonderful! :o)

Rica said...

Hi Kirsten,
Glad you a a good Christmas and good luck with the goldfish.
Love yout layout and the way you've faded the large photo. it's inspired. I would have got it wrong and done it the other way around (faded the smaller ones).
Great wreath too - must remember that for next year.
hugs Heather xx

Joshua Jiraffe Designs said...

Very very cool!