Thursday, December 4, 2008

More Christmas cards that aren't all for me.

I am helping a friend make some Christmas cards. So today I finished up a card for the latest Card Positioning Systems sketch #93. I just love this old SU Christmas paper that I really should be using up. I just hate it when paper retires. The rub-ons I used were also SU. The snowflakes came from Michael's.
CPS #93

The other cards I made today are based on older CPS sketches that I had and just love using over and over again. My friend Heidi gave me these gorgeous cranberry red rub-ons to use. I was playing around with them and wondered how well the would work and look on mulberry paper. So I layered mulberry paper on some cardstock. I used a light blue mulberry on the top and white mulberry on the bottom so it would look like the sky and a snow covered ground. Then I adhered the rub-on. It worked really well and it just has a nice soft look to it. Then I used some diamond (and other clear colored) Stickles on the mulberry paper for an added effect. You can sort of see that in the close ups. Of course I had to use some foil lattice on at least one card (the bottome one). I just love playing around with that stuff.






Today I started decorating the house for Christmas. I need to do a little Christmas decoration shopping I decided. But I had made a holiday house a month ago and I finally got to set it up today for display. It took about week to make and I had a lot of fun just seeing what I could keep adding to it before I thought it was complete. First I did was roof. I bought these minature wood shingles from Hobby Lobby. They are used for those minature dollhouses that people make. I also used minature windows, bricks (for the chimney), and a brass door handle as well. The papers I used to decorate are Basic Grey Wassail and Fruitcake lines. I used a lot of chipboard, stickers, a fun string of Christmas lights, and my Cricut to make all sorts of little things throughout (like the fence, the snowman, and the little mailbox). I think used an entire bottle of Zip Dry to make it too. The house is by Maya Road. You can click on the link to take to their webpage to see the chipboard houses they carry.

So here it is...
Comes complete with pretend snow. Isn't that mailbox so cute.


This is one side of the house. See the yummy turkey sitting on the table.


This is the bck of the house. Mr. Snowman is waiting for Santa to come with milk and cookies in hand.


This is the other side of the house. Do you see the little photo on the fireplace mantle? Those are my to little ones, Garrett and Cady. I order pictures from Shutterfly a lot. When you get your photos thy always have a contact sheet of all the photos you ordered from them. Kind of like the size you would use in a locket. This picture fit so well in the little picture frame I just had to use it in the house.


Also included with the chipboard house is a mini album. The roof comes off and you can fit the album right inside. When you fill it up you could fit another mini album or two inside. I have filled mine up with pictures from the past Christmas's we've had together. Good memories!

Well that's it for today. Hope everyone has a great rest of the week!
Kristen

5 comments:

Lorie said...

Gosh I love visiting your blog...you stuff is always so beautiful! Thank you for sharing your artwork!

Boots the Monkey (Jo) said...

Oh wow, these are all amazing. The little house is wonderful, I would love to see it for real.

Stunning.

Hugs,

Jo x

Keri Lee Sereika said...

Sooo cute! All of it is great! Loved your take on the CPS sketch! Thanks for playing along with us this week!

kim-paperbabe said...

Gorgeous little house just love all the details, that snowman can come stay at mine! and the mini album is stunning it looks so tactile!
Kim x

Joshua Jiraffe Designs said...

Those cards are stunning...very vintage-esque looking. The little house is cute too.