Monday, January 26, 2009

Cuttlebug Challenge

So I thought I would give the Cuttlebug Challenge blog a shot for the first time. The challenge was to use one of Becky Fleck's sketches. I love her sketches and use them a lot when I am making a card or scrapbook layout. I really like this sketch and I have used it before.

This is the sketch (by Becky Fleck) we are to use for the Cuttlebug Be Inspired Challenge #15.



Here is one card I made for the challenge. I pulled out all the flower dies I own and started cutting away. I stamped "Happy Birthday" on a piece of Tim Holtz Fragments and attached it to the card.


This card is probably taking the sketch to it's extreme. I layered all the elements on one side of the card. So you would start at the Sun and scan down to the clouds, the ship, the big fish, and then finally to the seaweed. I used all kinds of Cuttlebug dies and embossing folders. It was really fun and I have been wanting to make something with the pirate ship die for quite a while now. But this is going to make a super cool birthday card for a little boy.



So I'm not sure if I can have 2 cards in this challenge so I'll pick the pirate ship card for the official card of the challenge.

That's it for now.
Thanks for looking.
Kristen

13 comments:

Amber said...

Kristen, wow your cards are amazing! I LOVE your first card, it looks like a beautiful sunny flower garden! And I can't believe how creative you were with the pirate ship card, what a great way to use this LO...and I don't know a little boy in the world who wouldn't be happy to receive this card! Thanks so much for joining us this week at CB Challenge - you have a great blog!
Hugs
Amber

Chris said...

Your cards are brilliant Kristen! I really like this sketch too, hope I get to time to enter the challenge this week. The flower card is so pretty and the pirate ship card is amazing, I love the scene you've created and the swirls embossing folder is such a clever idea for the sea. Chris x

Martha said...

Beautiful card!!

Ann said...

Both cards are stunning. The scene one is really different and fun. I love it.
Thanks for joining in the Cuttlebug Challenge this week - hope you will join us again tomorrow.

Ann xxx

Lea L. said...

Such a pretty card...I love the embossing folder you chose for the challenge! Great job with the sketch too!

~Lea

Shannon said...

The 2nd card is so cool!!!! I love that interpration of the sketch.

Alison said...

Super cards and very effective, thanks for joining in the fun with Cuttlebug Challenge.

~Christina~ said...

You did fabulous on BOTH cards :)

Mrs J said...

Wow Kristen, what great cards, I love both of them! Your pirate ship card is so cool and a great use of all your Cuttlebug foders as well as a great take on the sketch! Thanks for taking part and I hope we see you joining in the next challenge over at Cuttlebug Challenges!
Hugs Mrs Jx

Cassie said...

i thought it was great and then it got even better!! love both of them, but the second one is soooo unique!! it's a great idea!! thanks for joining us this week on the cuttlebug challenge!!

..tina.. said...

You are very talented! These are beautiful!

LORI said...

Amazing Cards!! Super nice!!

Bouncy, Flouncy, Fun,Fun, Fun said...

They're both fantastic! Love the card with the ship. It's amazing. Thanks for playing along with us.

Hugs,
Becky

http://cuttlebugchallenge.blogspot.com