Sunday, January 4, 2009

Happy New Year and new reveals

I hope everyone had a wonderful New Year's Eve and New Year's Day celebrations. We went out with friends to an awesome Italian restaurant and had such a great time. We came back to our house with desserts in tow and had a champagne toast. It was lots of fun. On New Year's Day we kind of just relaxed for most of the day watching the Tournament of Roses Parade and various Bowl games. I was happy to see that New Mexico's float in the Parade won the Bob Hope Humor Award for most comical or amusing float. It was rather cute. For dinner we had crab legs with all the fixin's. It was yummy!

So Basic Grey Challenges is back in full force again. To start the new year we were given a sketch for this weeks challenge. I had all intentions of making a layout but time slipped away too quickly so I made a card instead. I used Periphery papers and thought they would be perfect for this bridal shower card I needed to make.



I had lots of fun with my Page Plans layout this week. You can also see by the layout that I am ready for summer to be here. I had gotten this fun paper from Luxe a while back. I hadn't really dreamed of using this particular sheet for a layout of my son but it fit so well with his outfit. The photo is one of way to many I had taken for his 5 year old pictures. The fab sketch was created by Lesli.



I just love how the wire circle turned out and I am so glad I bought that basket full of sand dollars years ago. They really have come in handy in some of my layouts and cards.

So how would you like to win a new Making Memories Slice?? Check out the Page Plans blog to see.

Some news to share. I received an email a few days ago and I am going to have a layout published in Scrap N' Art scrapbooking & paper crafting eZine. It will be the March/April issue. How exciting is that! So be sure to check them out. I just got the latest issue downloaded onto my computer so I will be browsing through it later tonight. Anyway, I am supposed to have the layout removed by February 1st so please check it out at this earlier post on my blog before I pull it off of there.

What New Year's resolutions have you made for 2009? I haven't quite narrowed it down. But last year I picked one thing to do for 2008 and I really stuck to it and will continue on with it. It was to try and recycle more items instead of throwing them in the trash. Now the recycle bin is always filled to the brim and we only have pickup for it every other week. I am hoping it will become a weekly pickup soon. But since I focused on recycling I have noticed that we rarely pull both trash cans to the curb every week for trash pickup. So I will have to pick my one thing to do for 2009 pretty soon.

I hope everyone has a great week!
Kristen

8 comments:

Lorie said...

Your card and scrapbook page are great and a publication...yay you! Congrats!

Chris said...

Hi Kristen and happy new year to you and your lovely family! Sounds like you have a wonderful new year celebration and I like that you're picking something that you'll do throughout '09. Well done on the recycling in '08. Your card is stunning and I absolutely love your layout too and also, many congrats on your l/o being featured in the ezine, it's gorgeous. Hugs, Chris

M@risk@ said...

Happy New Year to you and your family Kristen. Love the card and layout. Great how you did the circle with the buttons.

kim-paperbabe said...

Love this card, will have to get myself this paper, and It's nice to be riminded of this stamp I'm sure mine is feeling neglected! Great use of the wire on your layout! FAB idea!!!
Hope you are well and found wonderful fishes! HuGs Kim x

Angie said...

Beautiful card and I love that layout!

Allison said...

love the card, and the stamp is one I must put on my wish list, your layout is great too
AllisonX

Sue said...

Hi Kristen, I love your card it's a beautiful stamp, and I'm going to have a nosey around your blog.
Good luck with your new fish xx

kim-paperbabe said...

Hi Kristen , nearly forgot to say there's a fabulous award for you on my blog, have a great weekend HuGs Kim x