Monday, January 12, 2009

More Valentine's (this is not the end)

So I am in full Valentine's Day card mode. I just got my new Basic Grey Bittersweet papers and embellishments on Friday and yesterday I cracked them all open and started making so cards. I got some new Papertrey Ink stamps too and so I decided to start having to creative fun. The card I made Sunday was based on a sketch from a brand spankin' new sketch challenge blog called Inspirational Card Sketches. There is a call for 6 new design team members. So if that sounds like fun then go take a look. How fun to start a brand new challenge blog. I've always thought about doing one. But when things slow down maybe I'll give it more thought. Does it ever really slow down though?? So I thought my new Bittersweet papers, my new stamps, and the sketch would be perfect for each other.

So here is the sketch from Inspirational Card Sketches.


And here is my card.


The hearts, the "Hugs & Kisses" and the multiple xoxoxo's are the Papertrey stamps. All the paper and glazed brad are Basic Grey. I used lots of Distress Inks and my nesties. The card base is from Paper Source (which is just such an awesome store to buy stuff from, by the way).

I also got an award from one of my fab teamies, Kim, at Basic Grey Challenges this past week. She is the sweetest. Check her blog out, Paper Babe.

The rules of accepting this award are:-

You have to give it to 5 others and link to those people as well as who gave it to you. Those 5 should also pass it on to another 5 people. Plus you have to write down 5 things you are addicted too.
Just 5 things, huh!!

Well #1 is patterned paper, I have way too much. Well no I don't! You can never have too much!! OK I've calmed down.

#2 Would be alphabet stickers. I just love have a variety to choose from for my layouts and when I don't want to drag my Cricut out.

#3 Coffee--have to have it or I will have a massive headache in the afternoon.

#4 My computer. I have had withdrawals from it when it's been broken down. This computer I have now has not down anything yet (knock on wood). But I get very irritated and grouchy when I get online to check something out.

#5 Gum--I just need to chew gum all the time. Weird, I know.

So I need to pass this blog award to 5 of my favorite blogs. Let's see I have more than 5 but here it goes...
Lorie
Angie
Mariska
Heidi
Mothermark (Cindy)

Well that is all for today. Have a great week everyone!
Kristen



Well thanks for looking.

14 comments:

heidi baldini said...

HI Kristen!!!! Thanks so much for the blog award & the sweet message you left me at embellish it! I'm glad to hear your busy doing what you love! Talk soon! ~Heidi~

scrapnnMO said...

OH I love what you did with those BG papers. Lovely job with the sketch! Love it! Good luck with the call!

Angie said...

Your card is amazing and the sketch is great too.
Thanks for the award.

Lorie said...

What a great card Kristen! Thank you so much for the award...I so appreciate it! :O)

M@risk@ said...

Wow, you already "played" with Bittersweet. Thank you so much for the award. I really like this. Have a very good week.

Pearl said...

Sweet card with the BG Bittersweet !

Liz Weber said...

Oh I love your card Kristen - your taste in papers and embellishments is perfect. Good Luck!

Lesli said...

Great award Kristen - you do have a fabulous blog! Love the card - it is very cute!

Enfys said...

Love this card Kristen, those papers are so yummy!

antheam said...

I love that Bittersweet card, Kristen. There's an award on my blog for you too, Anthea xo.

Fink said...

How wonderful!

Mothermark said...

Kristen!

Thank you so much for the awesome blog award! Told ya I would probably get side-tracked! Yikes!
I love it! How thoughtful of you to think of me!

Your card is wonderful! Isn't that paper the coolest! You go girl!

Hugs
Cindy

kim-paperbabe said...

I love what you did with the bittersweet BG papers. Lovely job with the sketch! Love it! Good luck with the call! HuGs Kim x

Olena said...

Very nice card!!! Love it! Good luck with the call! ~Olena~