Sunday, January 25, 2009

Reveals for this week

I had to get up early to get this post done. This is my favorite time of the day. No one is up and the house is quiet. I can think about what I am going to do for the day (or for the week if I'm lucky).

For Basic Grey Challenges this week... "we would like you to follow a recipe, you can of course add more embellishments etc to your creations but please make sure to use all of the ingredients in the recipe on your creations, and of course not forgetting to use at least one item from
BasicGrey."

Here is the recipe:
Ingredients
2 Patterned papers
1 Button
1 Ribbon and Bow

Did I mention the prizes this week? You will need to go a check them out.

So I made a small 6 x 6 layout this week of my daughter for the challenge.



For my Page Plans layout this week I was a little panicked about. Not the sketch, it was great, but the subject. We were to do a layout for Valentine's Day featuring adults. I don't take pictures of myself of my hubby very often. It's all about the kids for me. And I didn't have any "cutsie, love-dovey" ones of us to work with. I decided this was time to dig out the wedding pictures. I wasn't a scrapbooker back then so all my weeding pictures are crammed into a picture album and that's about it. I also decided this was the time to try my hand at a little digital scrapbooking too. I really don't an to go out and buy all kinds of "wedding themed" papers and embellishments. Yikes! $$$$ So I thought digital would be the way to go. So I tried out Adobe Elements and played around with it. I still have no idea what half of the features available are on Adobe Elements. I really need to get a book on it. But it was fun and I am going to continue to play around with it.

Here is this weeks sketch by Chris.




And this is what I came up with.


Not too bad for my first digital layout. But I do need lots of practice with it still. That will be the fun part, hopefully.

This is the final week for the Slice contest at Page Plans. The contest is open to everyone so please go and check them out. I thought I would list the rules here as well.

The rules:

1) Pick any 2 sketches from the Page Plans catalog (it doesn't matter if they are both cards, both LO's or one of each).
2) Now create something wonderful (entries must be new work - nothing previously done)
3) Please send us a link or downloads by 7PM Saturday, January 31st. (You have a whole month) - let us know which sketch numbers you used.
4) Send to Page Plan Email - pageplans@gmail.com

This contest is open to everyone!

We will create a poll for everyone to begin voting on Sunday, February 1st. We will have the poll run for seven days - during that time everyone can vote for their favorite Card or LO (one entry each day).

The winner will be announced on Sunday, February 8th. We will also select our March Guest Designers from the entries we receive.


Please feel free to share the give-a-way news with you friends and family! Let them know when voting begins - they can stop by and vote for their favorites too!



I wanted to share a birthday card I made yesterday for one of Garrett's classmates. I don't get to make cute and pretty princess cards very often. My daughter, Cady, is quite the tomboy. If she sees a princess or Barbie or baby doll she will let you know her disapproval of them. I wish I could find some very girly dinosaurs out there. She loves dinosaurs! But I love how the card turned out and his classmate, Zoe, seemed to like it (and her mom really liked it too).



Well that is all. I have some more Valentine's cards to post later this week.

I hope everyone has a great week!
Kristen

4 comments:

tracie said...

fabulous layout, love the pretty papers and your daughter is very cute. Love your card too, this image is so sweet.
hugs
Tracie :)x

Lorie said...

Holy cow Kristen...these are all wonderful!

Lesli said...

Beautiful Cards and LO's! Such a wonderful talent!

Chris said...

Hi Kristen, I love both of your layouts and the card is wonderful! Cady is so adorable and the layout with the hearts ribbon is perfect. Your first digital layout of your wedding is amazing, I would never have known you hadn't done this before, you are such a lovely couple and your were a very beautiful bride! So glad that Zoe and her Mum liked the gorgeous card you made. If I see any pink dinosaurs, I'll let you know LOL! Chris x