Sunday, January 11, 2009

Reveals & some naughty (but nice) Valentine's cards

I wanted to share my layouts this week for Page Plans and Basic Grey Challenges (BGCB) for this week. I have been so busy again, working on Valentine's stuff, design teams things, figuring out Photo Shop Elements for a digital layout I want to try out and making gift cards and brochures for a hair and nail salon that I frequent. I thought it would be calmer after the holidays. I think it was for 3 days and back to all the "busy-ness".

This week for Page Plans we had a great double layout for out sketch this week. I used to to do double and multiple page layouts all the time when I first started scrapbooking. I used the same papers and elements and everything just matched so well. I have to laugh at how I used to do things. I think my scrapbooking has definitely evolved significantly. I wonder if I should go back and redo what I have done? Have you ever revamped a layout because it just wasn't your style anymore? That would be quite a daunting task. But back to the Page Plans layout...I made 2 of them this week. The first was a single page layout I made to show the versatility of the sketch and the other layout was actually 2 pages. They were lots of fun to make.


Here is the lovely 2-pager by Chris.




Isn't bubble wrap so much fun. Not only for the kids but for me too. I love the Heidi Swap Ghost letters. I embossed them in my Cuttlebug with the Tiny Bubbles embossing folder.

Remember to take a look at the contest at Page Plans. You could win a new Slice. What fun toy to have fun and play with.


For Basic Grey Challenges this week I made a 6x6 layout of my son, Garrett. This weeks challenge was to use chipboard somewhere in your layout or card. I used to flower petals from some Stampin' Up chipboard elements. On one petal I used some really thick embossing powder and then stamped into it with a diamond patterned background stamp. The other petal I coated with glue and adhered some multicolored gold leafing to it. Then I layered the petals to look like a heart. I want to make a similar one with a picture of my daughter, Cady too. I used Basic Grey Blush paper and a rub-on that came with the Blush card kit.


These are a couple of Valentine's cards I have made this week. These obviously aren't for the kids. They are very risque and were lots of fun to make and embellish. The pattern is from Stamp Owl's Studio blog. There are also lots of these cards at Split Coast Stampers in the gallery to look at as well.









Well that is all for today. Have a great week and hopefully I'll have some more to share later in the week.

Thanks for stopping by.
Kristen

5 comments:

Rica said...

Hi Kristen,
Love your layouts especially what you've done with the Heidi Swap letters - stunning. Your children are adorable and yes bubble wrap is fun!!!
Love your BG this week, it's gorgeous and such wonderful colours.
I thought things would settle - HAH!!
my feet haven't touched ground yet.
Take care and don't FORGET the fish.
hugs Heather xx

Rica said...

Hi Kristen - me again - I really don't saver myself work do I?
I've left you something on my blog.
hugs Heather xx

Boots the Monkey (Jo) said...

Oh la la missus - love the Valentines cards !

Your layout is fabby too for this week's challenge. Your son is a real cutie isn't he ?

Take care,

Jo x

Allison said...

love the layouts and the cheeky cards are fab
AllisonX

Margie said...

Oooo la la! Love those lil 'cheeky' cards - so cute!
Great GB layout!
Thanx for the sweet comment :)
xo, margie