Saturday, February 14, 2009

Adding a couple more things today

I don't think I've ever had 2 posts in one day. But I just wanted to share the little gift the kids and I made for Daddy on Valentine's Day. I also wanted to show another card I made for the Caardvarks heart challenge.


I bought the frame yesterday at one of my LSS here. Then I used my Cricut to cut out the scalloped frame to go around the picture. All the papers and most embellishments are Basic Grey Bittersweet. I took the picture this morning and printed it out. Now Daddy will have a great picture to sit on his desk at work. On the back of the frame I had the kids write their names and decorate it a bit.


I saw a picture in a book by Carin Berger called The Little Yellow Leaf. She is an illustrator and her work is so simple and beautiful. So this card was inspired by that picture. You can see her wonderful work at www.carinberger.com. But I think I was dreaming about this picture last night and after the kids had their breakfast I went to work on it.

Kristen

4 comments:

lauren said...

well of course the pic & frame are magnificent but wouldja LOOK AT THAT AWESOME CARD!!!!!!!! holy moly i wish i dreamt stuff like that! just unbelievably beautiful and creative! ♥♥♥wow♥♥♥

(& now i have to go check out carin berger i think...you've intrigued me!)

SmilynStef said...

Wowza ... I agree ... those kids are sure cuties, but that card is fabulous. I love all of the hearts scatterd on the ground, the sentiment in the circle and that great layered son. Off to check out Carin Berger too.

Karen said...

WOW Kristen they are both beautiful. But the frame is my fav, it's stunning ! Love the colours.

Love Karen (UK)xxx

Heidi Van Laar said...

Love that card! So creative and beautiful!