Friday, February 13, 2009

Last of the Valentine's cards

I am glad Valentine's Day is tomorrow. No more cards to make. It's been fun but I am so ready to work on other things now. I had a couple of cards I made for the latest Caardvarks challenge which is to use hears on your creation.

So here they are...


I used a faux mosaic technique to make this card. I was using some leftover circle punch outs from the teacher appreciation gifts I had made earlier this week.


For this card I used a sketch from my Card Maker's Sketch Book. I have a bunch of these felt heart stickers and I am trying to use them up. So I flipped them over and put some micro beads on the "sticker part" of the hearts. The hearts have a neat look to them now.




For Basic Grey Challenges this week we were to use hearts somewhere on our creations. So I used a bunch of hearts and my Bittersweet papers and embellishments and went at it. I have had this picture of my niece Brantley for a while now. I was taken by the vivid blue sky behind her and wanted to really pull that out of the photo. So I wondered what royal blue paper would look like with the Bittersweet papers and this is what I came up with.



Check back Sunday for my Page Plans reveal.

Have a wonderful Valentine's Day and a super weekend!
Kristen

13 comments:

Karen said...

Stunning cards and LO Kristen.

Love Karen (UK) xxx

SmilynStef said...

Love that adorable layout ... and how fun are those little felt hearts ... fabulous heart-filled creations.

kim-paperbabe said...

Gorgeous creations Kristen!!! the hearts layout is stunning, love the blue background, Stunning cards too!!! Happy Valentine's ♥ HuGs Kim :D

TaraG said...

Fab layout for the BG Challenges this week, Kristen! I just love the colours so vibrant and a really great page design....love the hearts too for the the Title...great idea!
Hugs,t

Boots the Monkey (Jo) said...

Hi Kristen ! I love your cards, so, so gorgeous. Your layout is fabulous and such wonderful colours which have worked so well together, I love it.

Have a great weekend and happy Valentine's Day - hope you get spoilt rotten !

Hugs,

Jo x

lauren said...

WOW! awesome valentines & LO! i especially love the trick of coating the "back" of the sticker w/microbeads...BRILLIANT!!! ♥

antheam said...

Beautiful layout, Kristen! The bright blue really makes the papers stand out, Anthea xx.

Rica said...

I'm in awe of this layout Kristen.
The papers and colours are fantastic. The blue of the sky is picked out perfectly with the blue of the bc - love it!
hugs Heather xx

Heidi Van Laar said...

Beautiful cards! I love how you matted the first heart on the doily!

mar1ene said...

Fabulous!
Love it all :)
Marlene xx

Helen said...

Gorgeous LO - love those bittersweet papers!
Helen x

Helen said...

Gorgeous LO - love those bittersweet papers!
Helen x

Chris said...

Fabulous Kristen and such wonderful creativity in your gorgeous layout and wonderful cards! Your attention to detail always amazes me and I always find more and more things the longer I look at your work. Hope you're having a great week. Hugs, Chris x