Sunday, February 15, 2009

Sunday things

What a nice today so far. We went to breakfast this morning at our favorite breakfast place. And now we are just hanging out and taking it easy. The kids are playing "kitty school" which is a school for all of Cady's kitty stuffies and a few other animals. She is the teacher of course. I am organizing my scrap area and making a few things. And of course today is the Daytona 500 and that is what my hubby is watching today. He does have some chores to do and I keep reminding him of that every 15 minutes or so.


My layout for today at Page Plans is a nice wintry reminder that it is still winter and spring is a little over a month away. I had a lot of fun making this one. I used some snowflake brass stencils, snowflake rub-ons, snowflake chipboard, and some mini snowflakes that were supposed to be used as ornaments are all over this layout. The abbreviated poem is by Ogden Nash.





I had a chance to do the latest cupcake challenge (#55) at Taylored Expressions today too. It's been a while since I have done a challenge there and it was lots of fun. I dug out my stash of pirate paper and embellishments and made a birthday card with a gift card holder inside. It's so cute and I am so pleased how it turned out.






Then I took out some new paper I just got a few week ago from Tinkering Ink Becoming Green line. Really gorgeous stuff! So I had fun with it too with the same challenge from Taylor Expressions.



Well that's it. Everyone have a great week!

Kristen

4 comments:

Karen said...

All stunning Kristen.

Love Karen (UK) xxx

Louly said...

Everything here is fabulous but I especially love your butterfly card, those butterflies are just beautiful.♥♥♥

Carol said...

fabulous LO and cards :) In answer to your question...i just used my normal blade on the cricut, but set at 6....hope this helps :)
Thanks for your sweet comment over at my place ;-D

Hugs
Carol x

neverenoughrubberstamps said...

Very Pretty!