Sunday, February 8, 2009

Teacher Appreciation Gifts

About a month ago I told my daughter's room mother at school that I wanted to make the teacher appreciation gifts for the 4 teachers we are honoring this coming Wednesday. I thought about what I wanted to do and I decided to make a paper flower bouquets with pictures of the kids on them. Then put the flowers into a vase filled with candy. So today I was very busy assembling them with lots of help from Kathleen and Katie (mom's to Jaclyn and Ben who are Cady's classmates). Thank goodness I have a Cricut or this would have never been possible. But they are 95% done. I am waiting for a few more photos to come in and then I can finish them up. Since it was so close to Valentine's Day we thought we'd kind of go with that theme so I threw in a few hearts and went with a pink and red color scheme for the the flowers (with a few extra colors thrown into the mix too).

Here is what we made today.




I also wanted to share my Page Plans layout for today. The sketch was created by Chris this week.





Congrats to Laurel! She won a new Slice from the contest at Page Plans.


Well I hope everyone has a great week. I'll try and post the kid's Valentines I am making later this week.

Kristen

1 comment:

Lorie said...

What a great appreciation gift! So cute! And your page...wonderful job!