Sunday, March 8, 2009

Blogger Blahs

Do you ever feel like you have the Blogger Blahs? You just don't feel like bogging anything, posting pictures, nothing. Well that has been me for a couple of weeks now. I'm still not feeling it but I figure if I just do it maybe something will click and get me back on track again.

So this is going to be a picture filled entry for today. I didn't post any of my DT stuff last weekend and I have a couple things that I have been working on and some announcements too.

So I have been keeping busy with Page Plans. I just finished organizing the rest of the sketches and photos and papers I will use for the rest of this month. Chris and Lesli make such wonderful and very versatile sketches. I don't think I have ever run into a sketch that I couldn't make something wonderful.

This is this weeks sketch.



And here is my interpretation of it.



This was last weeks sketch.



And this was my layout using that sketch.



I am hoping to get the rest done this week so I can take my computer in to be repaired. I think it just needs to be cleaned so hopefully I won't be without for too long. I seriously go through a major withdrawal when my computer is down and is away for repair.


For Basic Grey Challenges this week we had a wonderful sketch created my Martine. I had time and a very cute picture of the kids to work with, so I made a layout this week.

Here is Martine's sketch.

Here is my layout.


Here was last weeks challenge which was to make something with a pocket. So I altered the criss cross card instructions that can be found at Split Coast Stampers. I made mine taller and narrower to accommodate the Hershey's Bar that is in it.



I have my first DT card made for My Sketch World but I can't show it just yet. I am on Team B and those card and layout creations will be revealed on the 15th this month. However, you should check out Team A's layout and card creations that have been made. Talk about the talent...it's awesome!! If you do decide to make a card or layout using one of Lucy's sketches then post it to the gallery so we can see it. The gallery link is along the right side of the blog page. Also check out the forum she set up. Lot's of fun, lots of chatting, lots challenges, games, and all sorts of things to do. It has been a hopping place and everyone is so incredibly nice, helpful, and talented too.

Here is my card I made with the March 1st sketch.



So I finally found a copy Your Invited which is an idea book put out by Scrapbook Trends magazine. If you have a copy or see a copy at Michael's or wherever they carry these great idea books be sure to check out page 52 & 53 in it. You'll see my first ever published card. It was an invite for my daughters birthday last year. I was so excited to see that it was the beginning chapter for Kid's Birthday Invites, which is a 2 page spread. It's just so cool to see your name published in something that you really enjoy. Here is a picture of the book if you happen to see it somewhere when you are out and about.



I also had my first layout published in the Scrap N' Art, a scrapping and paper crafting eZine. It is the March/April issue and I am on page 18 at the bottom. They even referenced my blog tutorial for the Medallion Flowers I used on the layout. I really should make another tutorial sometime since the Medallion Flower tutorial is the one and only tutorial found on my blog. I am amazed how many people have stopped by to check it out.

One more card I wanted to share was one I made for a friend of mine to use as a thank you card she will send to Jack Prelutsky. If you don't know who Jack Prelutsky is, he is an incredible poet that writes wonderful children poems. His books are illustrated by wonderful illustrators like James Stevenson, Arnold Lobel, Marc Brown, and so many more. He has over 50 books of his poems and my kiddos are just starting to enjoy his poetry. So I thought about the card for a while and how I should make it. I knew I wanted it to be somehow based on his poetry or the illustrations used in his books. Then I found his website and after a few clicks I found this wonderful page with all kinds of moving fun things.


Anyway, I love the tree on there and turned it into a card. I hope he likes it.


Well that's not all but it is for now. I will post more soon.

Have a great week and think spring!
Kristen

4 comments:

Boots the Monkey (Jo) said...

Wow, where to start !

I love everything you have made, it is all so bright and colourful with the most amazing detail on it.

Hope you manage to get your PC repaired and hope you have a good week.

Keep smilin !

Hugs,

Jo x

Sara said...

WOW- great LO's and cards you have created!

I so know what you mean about the blogger blahs! Sometimes you just don't feel like it and that's ok :)

You'll get your funk back soon enough.

Have a great week!

XOXO
Sara

Lesli said...

Great projects - I can totally relate to the blogger blahs - sometimes you just have to push through!

kim-paperbabe said...

Hi my darling Kirsten, I was so sure I had left you a comment on your gorgeous work here but knowing me I just get a little distracted typical!!!
See this tree I LOVE IT it's fabulous, colours, textures and a tree, love how you got inspired too! Reckon we should do a challenge with usual inspiration like washing powder boxes!!!
And congratulations on your publishing so exciting!!! Wow would love to see it IRL. Your little ones in this layout look so happy and your layout just enhances that, Fabulous!!!

You have a wonderful weekend ♥ HuGs Kim x (thinking I should have emailed you this essay LOL, ROFL and the rest)