Monday, March 16, 2009

I'm Back!

I picked my computer this afternoon and now I am complete once more. Isn't it just sad how much I depend on my computer for day to day things. Pretty much everything is done on the computer, banking, paying bills, printing postage, etc. I don't even have log in names and passwords memorized for all the sites I need to have a log in name or password for. I also discovered that when I am scrapping or making a card, inevitably I will need to use the computer for it in some way or another. But now, I can function again.

So this past weekend since I had no computer I didn't get the time to do my Basic Grey Challenges project made. This weeks challenge was called All Around and "the challenge for this week was suggested by our very talented DT member Anthea. This week we want to see rounded corners, not an angle in sight ! Please interpret this how you would like, but of course not to forget to use at least one item from BasicGrey somewhere on your creation :)" Please go and check out this weeks challenge there. The design team came up with absolutely wonderful creations.


I did manage to get my Page Plans layout made and emailed out last weekend. However, you need to actually attach the photo to your email, which is what I forgot to do. I guess I was distracted. Fortunately I had sent my sister a photo of it, just to show her so I was able to get it to Chris and Lesli. But there are some wonderful sketches this week there and wonderful creations from the DT. Please hop over there a take a look and try out a sketch or two.

Here is the lovely layout sketch by Lesli.



And here is what I came up with... I took this picture just the other day of my son and Sierra just sitting on the floor looking at each other I think the cat was asking him, "Are you going to pet or not!" She's very demanding that way. Garrett always tells me that when Sierra looks at him (I guess in such a way) that means she loves him. An she does! We also needed to use a green monochromatic scheme to this week, which was fun since I don't use green much, or at least all green.



My card for My Sketch World was based on a wonderful sketch made my the owner of My Sketch World, Lucy. She is so talented and her sketches are so versatile. You should see what the Team B design teams came up with for the second half of March.


I was so excited I got to use my new BG Marrakech papers to make this card. I also used my tag maker to punch out the words "Happy Birthday." I just cut a thin strip of paper to fit into the tag maker and the I rubbed a white ink pad over the top of the letters to make stand out. Kind of fun and inexpensive way to make custom sentiments for your card. I also forgot to mention I used the tag maker for my journalling on my "Buddies" layout above. It was so fun!

Well that's it for now. Now I need to finish up all the upgrading I was doing when my disk drive went out. I also bought Windows for my Mac too. I know, I know, that's like against all of my being and sacrilegious or something to install Windows on a Mac, but if I want to use Cricut Design Studio on my Mac then that's what I need to do.

Ohhh, the sacrifices we must make - LOL!!

Have a great St. Patricks Day! I am thinking a glass of green ale might be good. Actually my hubby brewed an Irish red a month and a half ago. Hopefully I'll get to try a glass of that tomorrow (and hopefully it will taste good too since he's opening a brewery soon). Have a great rest of the week too!

Kristen

1 comment:

Chris said...

Glad you're back Kristen, computer all sorted but I know it's a lot of work getting all the upgrades done and installing windows too, that must have gone against the grain LOL! I'd love to know how you get on with Design Studio as I just got it and can't install it at the moment, wasted a whole day trying to do it and nothing. Will have another bash at it soon. Your layout and card are wonderful, love the photo, such a cute one and the Marrakech paper looks gorgeous. Hope you have a great week. Hugs, Chris x