Sunday, March 29, 2009

Reveals for this week

Just a quick post this morning before everyone wakes up.

I had lots of fun with this weeks challenge at the Basic Grey Challenges blog. This week's challenge is Follow that Sketch. "This week we have a fabulous sketch for you to follow, which was designed by our fabulous Design Team Member Rica, feel free to rotate, resize and flip the sketch or even all three if you want to :), you can also add any more embellishments etc that you would like to, but remember to use at least one item from basic grey somewhere on your creation, and most of all have fun :)

So here is the sketch:



And here are a couple cards I made with it. A little over the top but so fun to make.




I am sad to announce that this will be the last layout I make for Page Plans. Chris and Lesli have decided to not do their challenge blog any longer. They feel like they do not have the time they need to devote to it. I completely understand how they feel. Challenge blogs must be so time consuming and they do really take up a lot of time. I know I couldn't do something like that now. I'd be on the computer all the time and my kiddos would not understand that at all. When I am on the computer they are there within a minute asking me questions, wanting me to help them with something, etc. I don't even keep up with this blog so well so I can't imagine a challenge blog of some sort. So good luck Chris and Lesli!






Yesterday I had a chance to pay around with the March 15th layout sketch at My Sketch World. You can always find the latest sketches on the left side of the blog. You can also finds lots more challenges in the new forum there too. It's always hopping and lots of fun!

So here is the current sketch. The newest card and layout sketches will be revealed on April 1st.

Here is my layout I made with the current sketch.



I had some fun playing around with Adobe Photo Shop. I added the film strip on top of the photo of my daughter. I really like how it turned out. I also played a little will SCAL for my Cricut and made (welded) the word Sunshine. The papers I used are by Paper Trunk. Aren't they so bright and colorful!

That's it for today! Hope everyone has a great week.
Kristen

8 comments:

Rica said...

Hi Kristen - love what you've done with the sketch. The top one is so vibrant - fantastic colours and papers and I just love that cupcake. The bottom one is so pretty with all the lace and pretty papers.
hugs Heather xx

TaraG said...

WOW!!! Kristen, look at you go! Two fabulous BG cards and two stunning LOs...you have been busy!!!! Fabulous creations!!!
Hugs,t

Teena in Toronto said...

So cute :)

Happy blogoversary!

craft mad Jenny said...

I so love that little cupcake on your first card - how did you make that?? looks like shrink plastic or something! great makes,

jenny

Lesli said...

Your LO's and cards are absolutely wonderful. Page Plans will only be down for a short while - we will bring it back up in the summer when things settle down :)

SaScoma said...

Everything is gorgeous!!! I love the cupcake!

Jo (Boots the Monkey) said...

Wow, your layouts are amazing, I love them both. It was such a fun sketch to follow, wasn't it ? Beautiful cards.

Sorry to hear about the challenge blog but I am sure you will find something else to get your teeth into again soon.

Hope you are OK ?

Hugs,

Jo x

kim-paperbabe said...

Two stunning cards Kristen! Beautiful LO's too.
Love the cute cupcakes and your fabulous colours! So fun!
Gorgeous papers and lovely details!Gorgeous!!! Hope you're having a relaxing Sunday ♥ HuGs Kim x