Friday, April 17, 2009

A busy weekend is coming up!

That's right! The My Sketch World Spring Crop starts tomorrow. You should see all the card and scrapbook challenges we have lined up. And some prizes too! So if you want something fun to do this weekend then stop on by!



Now for my Basic Grey Challenges reveals this week.
"This weeks challenge is is a firm favourite for a lot of people (including me), so for this weeks challenge we would like to see some paper piecing in your creations :), please remember though that you must use at least one item from BasicGrey somewhere in your creation, and most of all have fun creating"


Here are my paper pieced cards I made. The cute elephant and turtle came from My Scrap Chick. They have some of the cutest paper piecing stuff there. You pick out the patterns you like, pay for them, and then you download them onto your computer. I cut them out on the Cricut and do a little distressing with the ink and out them together. You can adjust the size to fit your needs. Check them out if you like paper piecing.





Here is a card I made using (and I'm sorry I'm not sure if this was from Martine or Chris) some wonderful stamped images to play with. I pulled out the Pastels and went to work on it. I smudged pastels so badly on it. Thank goodness I could erase mostly all of the boo-boos.

I also used the April 1st card sketch from My Sketch World to make this card.


Another card I made was using some really cute cupcake SVG files I bought from SVG Cuts. If you have a Cricut and SCAL then this is the place to check out. Everything made is the best!! It is double checked by the people that design them so they will cut right and work right and not cause some hiccup that freezes your computer. In the forum, they will even look at files you bought else where and fix them. They have the best quality SVG files around and they do take requests if you are looking for something in particular.

Anyway, my card won in the "It's Your Birthday SVG Contest" they had there a week or so ago. I won a $10 gift certificate to use in the store. I bought some awesome files and I can't wait to try them out.



One last photo is one I made of my son playing at his very 1st T-ball game last week. I had used a sketch and theme of the page from the Page Maps Blog's latest contest, "What's on my mind...". I took some pictures of his 2nd T-Ball game so I am thinking of making a separate album or mini-album of his baseball activities.

Isn't he the cutest!

The weather should be warmer and sunnier tomorrow. Today it snowed rained and sleeted all day. Yuck! In 4 days it's supposed to be 80 degrees. I can't wait. This weekends goal: To set up the new sandbox for the kids. And to find some decent sand to put in it. I stash one of Garrett's Thomas the Trains in my pocket to check the sand out. It has a magnet on it. One time the sand we had gotten had so much iron filings in it we had to dumped it out and get new sand. His train's magnets would be covered in black iron filings and I would have to try and wash and wipe it off. A little disturbing but now we know what to look for in "good play sand".

Well have a great weekend everyone!
Kristen

5 comments:

Rica said...

Fabulous cards and layout Kristen.
I love the Elephant and that cupcake is rather scrumptious. Super layout and I just love all your embellies - especially the stars.
hugs Heather xx

Chris said...

Fantastic cards and layout Kristen, the photo of your Son is wonderful and the everything looks so bright and fun. Love your paper piecing for BG this week, so cute. Glad you seem to be getting on well the SCAL, I ended up getting the Cricut design software and it won't install properly on my computer so will have to give it another go. What do you think of SCAL so far. Oh and by the way the image that you coloured so beautifully with your pastels was from me LOL! Good luck with the sand hunt! Hugs, Chris xx

kim-paperbabe said...

Wow Kristen Gorgeous cards and layout, Love your work with the paper piecing!
♥ all the little details... really fabby embellishing! Thanks for inspiring ♥ HuGs Kim x

Cathy said...

I visited the SVG cuts site, but I havent joined the forum yet. I need to though.

Cathy said...

I visited the SVG cuts site, but I havent joined the forum yet. I need to though.