Saturday, April 11, 2009

Rain

Finally we get some much needed rain and no wind to go along with it. I really hope this "greens" up the grass in the back yard.

Well I have been busy making cards this past week. The latest challenge at Basic Grey Challenges this week made me think of baby cards for some reason so I just went with it.

Challenge #30 is entitled Soft Chocolate Centers and . . . "As its Easter on Sunday we thought we would have a challenge inspired by all those lovely chocolate treats you will be scoffing into hehe, so this week we would like you to take inspiration from your favourite Chocolates :), so say your favourite chocolate is Mint chocolate, well you could then base the colours of your card on this so your card would be Brown and Green :), sounds scrumptious doesn't it, i cant wait to see you chocolate inspired creations this week, but please don't forget to use at least one item from Basic Grey on your creation."

With that said here are some cards I made for the challenge this week.




Okay, so this one is not a baby card.
A very belated Valentine's Day Card perhaps.
I was experimenting with doilies, so fun!

So be sure to stop by and take part in the challenge and be sure to check out my fellow teammates wonderfully gorgeous cards as well. Very inspirational, for sure!!!

A couple other baby cards I made were created using this wonderful digital paper that Martine, who owns the the Basic Grey Challenges blog, had made. It is so gorgeous and fun and I love all the colors she had in the pack. I hope she makes some more papers so I can play. It was the first time I had actually printed off papers and used them on something. The only downfall I can see is that I will be using a lot of printer ink to make these papers come to life. Well worth it in my opinion!!


You can check out Martine's other blog called "The Craft Table" for lots more inspiring creations. She does amazing work!!



Here is something you will want to mark on your calendar.



Head on over to My Sketch Work for more information on this week long crop. There will be all kinds of wonderful challenges to do and lots of prizes too! Hope to see you at the crop! And be sure to stop by on the 15th to check out the latest scrapbook page and card sketch for the second half of April.

Have a great week!
Kristen

3 comments:

Pascale said...

These are all amazing and unique cards hugs Pascale

Rica said...

WOWEE Kristen - who's been a busy girl then? - you're really on a roll.
Seven fabulous cards. I gather you really like your chocolates, raspberry, strawberry, orange, mint - have you left anything out? Love those cute little romper suits.
Just love the butterfly one at the bottom - beautiful and such a great layout.
hugs Heather xx

antheam said...

What a busy lady you've been, Kristen! Great cards, I love all the details on the baby cards, they're so cute. Anthea xo