Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Tuesday's here already??

Time is just flying it seems. The kids have 3 weeks left of preschool so I am starting to work on teacher gifts for the end of the year.

I did make some really great folders with cards inside for a friend of mine to give her teachers. The greeting card folders template comes from the Cutting Cafe. I sized it done so that it would fit some 4 Bar sized cards and envelopes. I also attached some ribbon so they could be tied close with a cute little bow. The monograms also come from the Cutting Cafe and can be sized too. I sized them so I could punch them out with my 1 3/8 circle punch. They turned out so cute and I made all 6 of them in a weekend. I am probably going to make some for my teacher gifts too.








Can you see all the adhesive I got stuck all over the counter. Yikes! Thank goodness for Goo Gone.

For Basic Grey Challenges this week we had a wonderful sketch to work with from my very talented teamie, Chris. You have to check out her amazing blog too. And she also makes wonderful digi-images too so you have to check that out as well.

Here is my card that I came up with. Isn't she cute? My coloring doesn't do her justice.



I wanted to share a digital layout I made using Photo Shop. It's my second or third one I've made. I made for one of the challenges in last weeks My Sketch World crop. The challenge was to use some or all of a quote. I used most of it on here and I thought it was perfect for this photo I took in our backyard back in February. The kids thought there was a pot-of-gold out there since it was around St. Patrick's Day.


Another challenge in last weeks crop was an art inspired challenge. I made this 6 x 6 layout for it.



And one more layout I made for the crop was a color combo challenge. I just loved the colors for this one and had so much fun with this layout.




And while I am on a roll I might as well share the cards I made for my challenge at the crop. My challenge was a recipe challenge (I had 2 recipes to choose from). Once recipe was to use a recycled item on you card and the other was to use paper piecing.







Well that's all for now. I have a complete silence this morning at home. Everyone has slept in, except me of course, and I have been enjoying the peace and quiet that rarely exists here-LOL!

Have a great rest of the week!
Kristen

1 comment:

Regina Easter said...

oh my goodness, all of your projects are awesome....can i put that cutting cafe project in the customer gallery..love it...hugs regina