Tuesday, July 14, 2009

A few things I have been working on...

I just wanted to share a few things I have been working on the past few days. I though I would get a head start on some teacher gifts this year. The kids don't start back until the end of August so I think I have made a good start. I used the square box with dividers template from The Cutting Cafe. This box is just so versatile. I have used it for putting candies inside, ice cream toppings, and now for some teacher (desk) supplies. If you have a favorite school nurse you could even put some little band-aids and little packets of antiseptic wipes. I have even see someone use it to put some the hooks (I think they're called flies) for a fly fisherwoman in the family. I am even thinking some kind of small ornaments could go in these for Christmas. The possibilities are endless!

So here is my first teacher gift box for this up and coming school year.



They are just so fun and cute! I can't wait to make some more! The half apple is a free svg file I found at: SVGshop.com. You can find lots of cute SVGs here.

Here are a couple of layouts I have made. I have scrapbooked in quite a while so it was nice to get back into the swing of things. I used SCAL software with my Cricut for both of these layouts.

The first is sort of a Halloween layout that was taken at my daughter's preschool for their Character Parade. Of course she went as a dinosaur .

The cute little dinosaur SVG was made by Lisa Schmidt and it can be found at her blog, Lisa's Precious Piecings.


My next layout is also Halloween themed and shows my son dressed as one of his favorite Ben 10 characters, Heat Blast.

The flames for this layout were made by Benji Park and the SVG file was downloaded at The Craft Edge Forum. I only used 2 things to make this layout, colored cardstock and some mosaic tiles. A first for me not to embellish with a lot more things!

And one more thing to share is my first vinyl wall decal I made using my Cricut and SCAL software. I created the whole thing in Inkscape an then opened it up through SCAL a cut it out. It took a few tries before I found the right blade depth. Thank goodness it lined up right every time I tried to cut it out with just a kiss cut. But everything but the butterflies were fonts (dingbats). I only had white vinyl too but I really liked how it turned out. I can't wait to get my hands on some more vinyl.



That's all for now. I hope everyone has a great rest of the week!! My mom, sister, and niece Brantley are coming in town for a visit this week. So it will be a busy and fun week with them and the kids. I can't wait until they get here!!

Kristen

3 comments:

Regina Easter said...

oh wow, everything is AWESOME...and i am loving that APPLE....(gotta apple in the works myself for the cafe)....wow girl...outstanding...gotta have for the cafe gallery...

celestemlombas said...

All of your projects are just so adorable. I love the teachers boxes.

prob21 said...

Hi Kristen,
first of all...what a bunch of cool projects on your page....Congratulations! Love the flames page and the wall decal seems that you have stamped the wall using a VersaMark resist stamp pad...so subtle &elegant effect.
I'd like to thank you for including my blog on your SCAL blog list. Hope you find my cut files of some use.
best,
paulo/brazil
http://scale-files.blogspot.com/