Thursday, July 2, 2009

A fun weekend ahead!

I just wanted to wish everyone a happy 4th of July! I wanted to share a few cards before the celebration begins. The first card is one that I made using Cricut's Wild Card cartridge. I also made the envelope too. Sam is one of Caden's school friends and his birthday party was this past weekend. So I thought is was close enough to Independence Day to make him a fun red, white, and blue birthday card.



My next card was for my last DT assignment at My Sketch World. It was so much fun being on the DT there. But I intend to hang out in the forum whenever I get a chance. It also has an Independence Day theme to it.



My last card is one that I made for the latest Caardvarks challenge which was to make a window card. I used my SCAL and Cricut to design sort of a funky window card. I didn't really know what this card was going to be but when I started using my Scarlet's Letter Basic Grey paper it just reminds me of weddings and lovey dovey stuff so that is what it became.




I also wanted to share a little toot that I had 4 layouts selected to be in the latest Scrap-N-Art eZine issue, which is out right now. All of them are related to SCAL and Cricut and Inkscape is mentioned and I even have a tutorial there to in the special members only area. It costs $9.99 a year to subscribe and I highly recommend that you do. You won't be sorry.

That's all for now. I hope everyone has a great Friday and a wonderful weekend!
Kristen

***Just wanted to sneak this one last card in I made last night for Caardvarks latest challenge. My fist attempt at Iris Folds.


3 comments:

SmilynStef said...

A big hello to a fellow Iowa gal ... love that awesome window card design ... all of the gold accents really highlight those cool wedding rings. You other cards are wonderful too. Thanks for joining us at Caardvarks.

June Houck said...

Wow! Lots of eye candy in this post. Love your wedding rings in the aperture for your 'Varks card. The birthday card is not for "Uncle Sam?" Just kidding...very cute. My personal fave is the long card with the rocket. Totally fun and fabulous, Kristen!

lauren said...

holy moly what a fabulous variety of gorgeous cards! of course i am bound to say that dramatic & beautiful CAARDVARKS one is my favorite, right?! ;) but seriously...that is an utterly AMAZING window card!!! ♥