Sunday, July 26, 2009

The last week....

...of July is here already! I can't believe it! Summer has just been flying by. I think we have done something almost everyday of our summer, swimming, play dates, adventures around the town, appointments, etc. I have loved spending time with my 2 kiddos this summer. I will admit that it will be nice when school starts again so I can get to craftier things. I think I have only made a dozen or so cards this summer, a few layouts, and some boxes and other altered items. But it's been nice to just take a break from it all.

Basic Grey Challenges has taken a sort hiatus this summer too but it is almost ready to kick back off again. I have my sketches and inspirations for the next four challenges coming up and I am starting to work in them. The BGC blog looks a little different but it is going to be just as fun as it was before. The challenges will be good and the prizes when we have them will be awesome too. Hope on over and have a look at the new layout. It's so cute and fun and stay tuned!

I just finished making a card this morning. It is for the latest challenge at Caardvarks, which is to make a baby or wedding themed card. I went to Michael's yesterday and stumbled upon these little kit packages called "Vintage Findings" by Making Memories. I saw the baby kit and thought a cute care could be made with it. I think these kits are geared more toward scrapbook layouts but you could probably make 2 or 3 cards out of one too. The baby kit came with 21 pieces. I think I used most of it on the card I made. The little crocheted duck is just the cutest.







Items used: Making Memories Vintage findings Baby kit, Stampin' Up Cardstock, Daisy D's patterned paper & flower diecuts from the Chasing Butterflies Collection, Papertrey Bitty Blessings and Mixed Messages stamp sets, We R Memory Keepers Crystal eyelet (came with the crop-a-dile)

Well that's all for now. I hear the kiddos and so I am off to see what adventures we will be doing today. I hope everyone has a great week ahead!

Kristen

13 comments:

Kryssi said...

Super duper cute! Love the pull out tag, very creative!

SmilynStef said...

That little duck is adorable ... love the fun pocket design.

Diane said...

Very cute card....love all the little details!

Helen F. said...

Oh My Gosh, your card is so darn cute. Love your little duck, he is just darling.

LisaM said...

Holy cow! that is one sweet card! Love it!

Cheryl said...

Your card is adorable, Kristen - I love the little duck!!

lauren said...

i love the tag that fits in that cute pocket! and i looooooove that the inside of the card is decorated, too! but most of all...i ♥LOVE♥ that sweet sweet DUCK!!! :)

Heidi Van Laar said...

Just DARLING! What a wonderful card! I so love that little duck!

Mary said...

It pays to have talented friends… So glad we met and you share all your cool ideas. Thanks again.

kim-paperbabe said...

Too cute Kristen that duck is adorable how fab!!! Hope you're having lots of fun adventures with the kiddos, HuGs Kim :)

celestemlombas said...

I really love this card. It is so creative.

Jo (Boots the Monkey) said...

Hi ya Kristen !

Hope you are OK ? Sounds like you are having fun with the kiddos being at home.

Gorgeous card, that duck is just soo cute and I love the way you have made the pocket for the tag.

See you soon,

Hugs,

Jo xxx

Carrie Gaskin said...

You did an amazing job with all the details on this project. Beautiful!