Sunday, August 9, 2009

Basic Grey Challenges is back!

The Basic Grey Challenges blog is back and better than ever. They have some awesome blog candy that is being given away. The deadline to entire is Friday August 21st 10:00PM (GMT). So head on over and add your name to Mr Linky at the bottom of the post.

So out first challenge of the new and improve blog is a sketch challenge. A new change is that the the challenges will be every two weeks. With that said, the wonderful sketch for this challenge created by design team member Tara G. She is wonderfully talented and check out the DT's creations as well. Here is the sketch and a couple cards I made using Tara G's wonderful sketch.




I used Marrakech papers on this card. The tree house is an svg file I found and cut out on my Cricut using SCAL. I need to figure out who made this file so I can give them credit here for helping me create this fun card.


I used Lime Ricky papers and embellishments on my cupcake parade card. The cupcakes are from The Cutting Cafe. My favorite online store!


Another card I made was for the latest Cuttlebug Challenges Blogspot. The challenge was to make a card using some really awesome printable stamps made by Mlammare Designs. Maggie Lamarre who designed the stamps was so gracious to send out her stamps for free if you posted your email address in the comments section on the blog. Here is the card I made using her birthday stamp. I also used my Swiss Dots embossing folder and a little Cuttlebug frog die cut had.





Well that's all for today! I hope that everyone has a great week ahead!

Kristen

11 comments:

Chris said...

Gorgeous cards Kristen and I love all the bright and cheerful colours. The tree you cut on your machine looks great and the cupcakes are looking delish too! I hope you're well and have a good week. Chris x

Rica said...

Hi Kristen - I'm back (I hope - I've said that before and it didn't happen - lol!!!)
Fabulous cards hunny - love your BG tree and the little tree house - perfect papers for it!! The 'Star' one is stunning - such fabulous colours and the layering is awesome - I just love it.
hugs Heather xx

Terrie B x said...

Hi Kristan..Your card is `fabulous` I love your use f the stamp..
`Than ks` for joining in with the Cuttlebug Challenges:)
Enjoy the rest of your week.

terrie
http://cuttlebugchallenge.blogspot.com/

Maggie said...

Thank you so much for creating such a lovely card.
Thank you,
Maggie
http://cuttlebugchallenge.blogspot.com

June Houck said...

Love your Marrakech papers with Tara's sketch :)

You rocked Maggie's digi stamp challenge too!

June Houck
Proud DT member @ Cuttlebug Challenge blog
http://www.cuttlebugchallenge.blogspot.com/

Cassie said...

lots of fun to look at - so pretty! love the way you used the digi image! thanks for joining in the fun at CBC!

Jenn K said...

What a wonderful use of the digi stamp! Thanks for joining in the fun over on the cuttlebug challenge blog

Carolyn V said...

I adore your treehouse card!! So cute.

Mel M. M. McCarthy said...

These are all so playful & so pretty! I love the way you've used that little froggy and the gorgeous colours with the CCB digi. Thanks so much for playing along with the challenge! :o)

Regina Easter said...

OH MY WORD...AWESOME STUFF...HUGS

Simone said...

All your cards are so fabulous!!! Love them!
Simone