Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Funky baby gift

So I was inspired by a friend of mine who I always thought was very hip and "artsy" to make a fun a funky baby shower gift for her. I can't make it to the shower but I thought I would send this to her (along with a few other goodies). I hope she thinks it's "cool"!


I used Basic Grey Granola papers, buttons, and glazed brads for this project. I used 4 different ribbons and fibers to wrap around the box and tie loosely into a bow on top. I want her to be able to untie with out too much fuss. The box is the Cupcake Box template from my favorite online store, The Cutting Cafe. On the circular metal tag I used a rub-on sentiment.



This is a closeup of a wire flower I made to put on top of the box. I have 2 pieces of wire attached to it that will wrap around the bow and will just come right up without too much fuss. Then I attached another button to the backside so you can't see the jumbled wire mess I made. But I think it is the coolest thing on the entire box!


This is the onesie that will go inside the box.

This is a closeup of the stamped image I used and ironed onto the onesie. I also crosstiched around the edge so it should stay put. The stamp is from the Scribbled and Scripted clear stamp set from Autumn Leaves. The iron technique is one I got from Taylored Expressions. It really is a great tutorial on how to add a personal touch to a baby onesie.


Well that's all for now! Hope you have a great rest of the week!

Kristen

2 comments:

June Houck said...

I think this is TOTALLY cool! Fun, fab and funky :)

GinniG said...

What an AWESOME gift!!! I LOVE IT!!!