Saturday, August 29, 2009

Corset card birthday set

I just wanted to share this while I had a chance to hop on the computer for a second. School has barely started and both of my kiddos are sick with a virus. It's not as bad as it could be. Some kids get a very high fever and can't eat or drink anything because their throats are so sore. So far a mild fever and they still seem to eat whatever they want to eat.

I made a quick little gift set that went very well with the latest Caardvarks challenge which was to use hot pink, black and white in your card creation. So I converted a pdf I had of an elegant shoe or a witch shoe (whatever you want to use it for) and turned it into an svg that I could size and cut out on the Cricut. The pdf files for this sure can be found on Ellen Hutson's Simple Dreams blog. She has an awesome blog and awesome creations as well. Check her blog out! The card was also a pdf I made so it would cut out on my Cricut and made the card an A6 size. The corset pdf can be found at the Time for Crafting e-Mag. Your should see all the templates and patterns they have there!! Lots and lots! I then put in some eyelets and laced the ribbon on through. You can adjust how much tying and untying you want to do on the card. The inside sentiment was cut on the Cricut also! The shoe will make a great little gift box. I am thinking of some yummy chocolates and maybe a Victoria's Secret gift card to make it the perfect gift for a BFF's birthday or for a bridal shower. There are so many possibilities!  



If you would like the svg or scal files for the corset card, please click on the links below.


 Corset Card SVG          Corset Card SCAL



 




Well that's it for now. I have antsy squirmy children bustling about. Have a great rest of the weekend and a super week ahead! I can't believe it's going to be September already!

14 comments:

Patricia said...

soooooooooo cute I love it

SmilynStef said...

Love the lacing on the corset ... what a fun template and perfect sentiment.

Jenn Biederman said...

Love these!! I'm sure they will make the recipient smile! Love the paper used on the corset card...very nice! I'm from Iowa too! I still live here in a "very" small town in NE Iowa. Thanks for playing along at Caardvarks!!

lauren said...

oh WOW! what a fabulous card and the sentiment is just totally ♥BRILLIANT♥!!! :)

Diana said...

Oh, how fun!
http://www.designsbydiana.typepad.com

http://www.thestudio56.com

Adela said...

WOW! How fabulous is this!!!

Regina Easter said...

oh my this is awesome..wowzer

Rica said...

WOWEE Kirsten - these are just stunning, fantastic colours and papers and just perfect for a Victoria's Secret gift card. Love them!!!
hugs Heather xx

Mary said...

This is so cute. was glad to hear the kid's are feeling better. This has hit 2 of my kid's too. Now just kind of a cold left hanging on.

Scout Lady said...

Wow, love the corset card and the shoe!

Donna said...

Love the corset card and would like to have a svg of it. Thanks so much for sharing.

Kristen said...

Donna! I have added a link to the svg and the scal files in this post.

Donna said...

Thanks Kristen
I appreciate you posting this file for me. God Bless and keep up the good work

Jessica said...

I am so loving this I want to make it for my sisters bachelorette party so perfict!!! Thank you so much!!!