Monday, August 24, 2009

Tomorrow is the first day...

...of Kindergarten for my son! I can't believe that he is a Kindergartner already. Time flies by so fast. I handed out my teacher gifts today along with a the "kajillion" school supplies we have to buy. We had our meet and greet at school today for my so and for my daughters preschool. She starts preschool on Wednesday. The what to do with my free day...hmmm.

So here are some pictures of some of the gifts I gave the teachers today.

The first is a petal box that I made that holds 12 3 x 3 square cards. I made an svg of the petal box so I could cut it out on my Cricut. You can find the file here. The designer papers are Stampin' Up. The little owl card is from the Wild Card Cricut Cartridge. The sized the box so that it would be a little larger than 3.25 inches (which is the size of the square envelopes). The paper bow I made is from a very easy to follow tutorial on Split Coast Stampers. Here is the link.







The next gift I made is a square diver box from The Cutting Cafe. The barrel and little apples are from the Doodle Charms Cricut Cartridge. I filled the inside with all sorts of desk supplies that I hope the teachers can use.








I am also a bit late in posting my latest creation for the Basic Grey Challenges blog. Every two weeks a new challenge is posted. The challenges are posted every Saturday and this weeks challenge was the use the following color scheme.


I decided I wasn't going to make a card and thought I'd make a box instead. I used the cupcake box template that I got from The Cutting Cafe (my favorite store to shop at...) to create it. I used BG Bittersweet papers and embellishments.


I am saving this box for another time to give to a teacher. I'm thinking Valentine's Day might be good. But please check out Basic Grey Challenges and play along. It's quite fun!

Well I need to catch some Zzzzzzz's. I want to be bright eyed and super happy and positive tomorrow for my son's first day of Kindergarten. Which reminds me I need to get the camera right now. Tomorrow will definitely be a scrapping moment if there ever was one.

Have a great rest of the week everyone!!
Kristen

2 comments:

Simone said...

If I would get such a fabulous box I would make a diper! (I´m a teacher too :-) ). This is so gorgeous and such a lovely idea!
Simone

Scrapping Mom said...

I love these boxes. They are aewsome