Tuesday, September 8, 2009

I hope everyone had...

... a nice Labor Day Weekend.  We hung around the house mostly.  Did a little bit of yard work.  Grilled some steaks and had corn on the cob.  It was a nice relaxing weekend.

I finally have a moment to share a layout that was inspired by this photo.


This photo is for the latest challenge (an inspiration challenge)at Basic Grey Challenges.

I decided to do a layout this week and I used a photo of my daughter and my niece, Brantley.  Brantley, my sister, and mother came to visit us in July for Caden's 4th birthday party.  This photo was taken during the party.  Aren't they the sweetest looking children.  Looks can be deceiving-LOL!  They get along fairly well but I'm not sure if they would if they lived close together. My cousin and I used to fight with each other all the time when we were kids.   Over a thousand miles separate these two, so when they can come for a visit it is nice to have a cousin to play with.


I also used a sketch from the Page Map Blog for there current sketch challenge.  You still have some time to submit a layout of your own.  The Basic Grey lines I used are Periphery and Marrakech. 


The prize pack is awesome, so check them out when you have a chance.

Well that's all for my brief post.  I wanted to wish my fellow teamie, Anthea, a belated happy birthday.  Keep an eye out in the next few weeks for a card from the States.

Have a great week!






4 comments:

Lindsay said...

What little cuties they are! I love the coors in your page and those chip stickers! A fantastic take on the sketch! Good luck! :)

Scrubbybubbles(sue) said...

Awwwwwwwwwwwwww..........this is cute!

June Houck said...

This is fantastic! What a wonderful page; great color, and adorable subjects :)

Jo (Boots the Monkey) said...

Ooh, don't know how I managed to miss you - so sorry hun. Yum, those steaks and corn sound delish - save a place at the table for me next time !

Your layout is gorgeous, just love the BG papers you used and what a fantastic piccie of your little girl and her cousin. One definately to remember.

Hope you are OK ? Keep well,

Hugs,

Jo xx