Saturday, October 3, 2009

Balloon Fiesta has begun & my Basic Grey challenge card

Hi everyone!  Hope everyone is having a great weekend so far.  Today is the official start of the Balloon Fiesta here in Albuquerque, New Mexico.  We have 550 hot air balloons this year.  And they are just starting to go up this morning/  I am hoping the kids will wake up so we can drive down the road and watch them. 

There is a new challenge over at Basic Grey Challenges today.  The challenge is to use a wonderful sketch created by Martine, who is the owner of this wonderful blog.


So here is the sketch.




And here is my card based on the sketch.



Isn't he a cute puppy.  I ordered the June Bug card kit a while back and thought this would be the perfect time to open it.  The kits are very nice to have because you get a little bit of paper and embellishments, a sampling you could say, of the whole line.  It was fun to mae some cards with it.

Well that is all for now.  I hope everyone has a great weekend!



3 comments:

Ruth said...

This is a funky little card! Ruth x

Jo (Boots the Monkey) said...

Hi ya Kristen

Hope you are ok darlin ?

Wow, what a fabby, fun card. Just love that little dog. I saw him at the show last week and just about managed to resist him ! Terrific job with the Junebug papers, its nice to see them being used as I didn't like them when I saw them so you have given me some ideas.

Take care of yourself and enjoy the balloon fiesta.

Big hugs,

Jo xxx

kim-paperbabe said...

Wow your Balloon fiesta sounds great fun, Your card is so fun too and the bright colours of the junebug is fab! Hope you get some creativity in for WCMD HuGs Kim :)