Friday, November 13, 2009

I am back...

Well I have been such a bad blogger.  It has almost been a month since my last post.  Let's see.  I had a bad experience with a new pillow I bought.  At 3 in the morning I woke up with a very bad kink in my neck.  So I threw the pillow off of my bed, found my old pillow, and went back to sleep.  The next morning I woke up, still with a kink in my neck and a headache.  As the days progressed the kink in my neck worked it's way down my entire left arm and left all the muscles in my upper arm in a constant muscle spasm.  Lots of pain and very little fine motor skills in my hand and fingers. Nothing that some muscle relaxants and some Vicodan won't knock you out into "la la land".  Also I got a prescription for these wonderful patches called "Flector patches" that have pain reliever in them and when you put them over a knotted muscle then medicine goes there directly. What a relief they were so I could function in a non-drugged phase during the day.  Needless to say, I was not crafting all that much.  I could even curl my hair or put deodorant on (under the opposite arm) without my arm shaking and seizing ans basically not functioning like my arm should be functioning.  My arm is slowly recovering.  And my hand and fingers have improved a lot now, but they still aren't the same yet.  Is this what it is like getting older?  I will be the big 4-0 next March and so I am hoping to get into better shape than what I am in right now.  My goal!


So enough about all that.  I was able to make some cards for this weeks Basic Grey Challenges blog.  The challenge is to use "Glitz and Bling" on your creation.  So rhinestones, glitter, and just whatever seems shiny and sparkly.

I am working on Christmas Cards right now and thought that some Glitz and Bling and some Basic Grey in the mix would make some very nice Christmas Cards.




Even the paper diecut trees are shiny and glittery.  It is hard to see that in the photo.

So that is all for now.  I am doing a craft show with my friend Mary and my new jewelry pals Denise and and Michelle tomorrow so wish me luck on that.

Have a great weekend!!

5 comments:

Jo (Boots the Monkey) said...

Hi ya Kristen

So sorry to hear you have been so unwell, sounds absolutely awful and I hope you are now on the mend.

Your cards are absolutely fantastic, just love those trees and the papers you have used. Loads of bling too !

Take care of yourself,

Hugs,

Jo xxx

Rica said...

Hi Kristen - sorry you're having so many problems with your neck. No it's not getting older - it sounds to me like you have a trapped nerve between your 2nd & 3rd vertebrae, which is causing the pain and spasms down your arm - have you thought of seeing a chiropracter to release the nerve?
Hope you soon sort it out.
Love your cards, especially the way you've wrapped the pearls around the tree - stunning!! and such gorgeous colours and papers.
hugs Heather xx (take care)

June Houck said...

I am so sorry you have been in pain, but glad you got some relief...that patch sounds terrific. I hope your arm is back to normal soon. That sounds really frustrating!

I have not been a great blogger lately either. I barely have time to craft, much less visit blogs I love and leave comments.

You went to town on your BG cards. I hope your craft show is successful!

Simone said...

Great projects, Kristen! All these cards are fabulous!

But your story sounds really bad! I hope you will mend soon! Wish you all the best!
Simone

Denise @ Paper Gems said...

Kristen, Hope you've had a GREAT Thanksgiving and post before Xmas.

Let me know when things slow down so you, me, Mary and Michelle can meet up and make some things!

Denise