Sunday, July 11, 2010

Ellyvan Invites with svg and scut files too!

Getting back into the creative bug is hard.  But I really enjoy a challenge once in a while.  My friend Heidi called me one day a few months ago and asked if I could make a Jungle Junction themed invitation for her son's 3rd birthday party.  Since there is absolutely nothing in the market right now that has anything to do with Jungle Junction I knew this would be a challenge.  Plus I didn't even know what Jungle Junction was at the time but I said, "Sure, I'll whip something up!"  Then a few weeks before the party she asked if I could come up with the wording for the specifics of the party using the Jungle Junction theme song.  Wow, this is really stretching my creativeness.  I am not a poet and I know it!-LOL!  So after finding the song on You Tube with the lyrics I came up with something very hokey but cute for a 3-year-old's birthday.


Here are some of the characters from Jungle Junction.

Here is the card that I made for the invitation.  Below the pictures you will find the the links to the svg and scal files for them.
These are cards that were used as goody bag toppers.
What a cute idea!


Here are the links to the svg and scut2 files:

Ellyvan.scut2               Ellyvan.svg



If you have any questions on how to use these files please send me an email.  You can find my email address under the "View my complete profile" link in the right hand column of my blog.

Here is the little bit that was inside the invite.  Hokey, I know.  I used **** where you would put the birthday boy or girl's name.


Deep inside the jungle far from everywhere.
There’s a little boy who’s turning 3 years old
and we invite you there.. To Jungle Junction...
for ****e’s birthday party!

Life is fast and friendly and and everyone
 you meet!  ****e’s party is July the 4th
4 p.m. ‘til fireworks we see!
At Jungle Junction! (a.k.a. the Kelly’s House)

We'll have dinner and dessert! Let us know if you
can arrive. We’ll have some fun in the summer sun
So COME ON take a drive…
To Jungle Junction!



Now I have to show you the incredible cake my friend Heidi made.  A while back we took a stage cakes class together.  It is basically making 3 cakes and then cutting 2 of them in half and stacking them on top of the other whole  cake.  You can stack them up however you'd like though. 



Do you see the Jungle Junctions characters?  They are made from Fimo dough. Aren't they awesome!  You can see the step by step instructions on how Heidi created this masterpiece on her blog Adventures of a Gluten Free Mom.  She has a wonderful blog so check it out!

Well that's all for now.  I am planning on making a few of the other characters from Jungle Junction too.  So let me know if there is a character you are interested in and I will see what I can do.
Hope everyone has a great week!


Kristen

1 comment:

Heidi Kelly said...

Kristen,

You were certainly my hero for this party, I don't know how you do it, but thank you, thank you, thank you!

Glad to see you are starting up again, your creativity is too fantastic to keep hidden!

xoxo,
Heidi